Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #241
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Hi lordvetinari2,
I'm sorry for my late answer, I didn't spot your post.
Is there any place where I can download Spanish localization for 3.3 ?
They are here:
http://www.siralex.info/downloads/ (second bullet)
http://www.i-3.es/traducir-kindle-a-...jailbreak.html (last link)

However, they are only binaries. I do not mind working from the translated strings available at this source version https://code.google.com/p/k3-loc/downloads/list

Could you please provide the 3.4 sources with whatever translated strings are available?
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:55 AM   #242
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Here you are, lordvetinari2. Guidelines as usual:

Quote:
Please download the attached zip file, you'll find two directory trees there:
translation and translation_unfinished

Directory translation is the translation tree, directory translation_unfinished contains files with unfinished translation only (either missing or ambiguous) and is there just for reference.
The actual Spanish phrases need to be added/corrected in the translation tree.
Ambiguous phrases are separated with a special sequence #or# in both trees.

Please send me your translation when finished, I'll make the hack then.
I will also need a default Spanish layout for physkeyb, as it will be incorporated in the hack.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_es_translation.zip (134.8 KB, 388 views)
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #243
KOBZ@R
KOBZ@R began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kidle
Where I can find Ukrainian for 4.1.0?

Hello all!
Yesterday my friend bought Amazon Kindle device with version 4.1.0.
When we turn on it there was only English language.
Where I can download Ukrainian language?
KOBZ@R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #244
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Dont cross post.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #245
robersolid
robersolid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi
Quote:
Here you are, lordvetinari2. Guidelines as usual:

I will also need a default Spanish layout for physkeyb, as it will be incorporated in the hack.
Hi dsmid!
First of all, thanks for your work.
Do you still making translations hacks for 3.4 FW?
I am currently translating the spanish package, I will upload it when it's ready.

Thanks a lot!
robersolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #246
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I do.
Just upload your translation when it's finished, I'll do the rest.

Last edited by dsmid; 09-23-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #247
robersolid

Quote:
Yes, I do.
Just upload your translation when it's finished, I'll do the rest.
Here you are.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_es_ready.zip (98.6 KB, 353 views)
Old 09-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #248
dsmid
Linux devotee

There were lots of errors in whitespace (space instead of tab or vice versa).
I've fixed all I could find.
There are some untranslated messages still left and some ambiguous messages as well (two possible variants separated by #or#, you have to leave only one variant in the translation). Check translation_unfinished for reference.
I also propose a better (more convenient) keyboard layout: enabled by default, all special characters invoked by double-pressing of the corresponding key, e.g. nn=ñ, NN=Ñ. Check the zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_es_translation.zip (107.0 KB, 190 views)
Old 09-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #249
robersolid

Sorry for the whitespaces problems (my editor is kind of messed up).
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_es_translation_v3.zip (98.4 KB, 278 views)
Old 09-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #250
dsmid
Linux devotee

It's perfect this time.
Here is the hack. Please test...carefully.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_es_3.4r3.zip (2.43 MB, 448 views)
Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #251
robersolid

Works like a charm, thanks a lot for your work!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #252
rveet
rveet began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ready to help with translation to Russian - where can I find stuff to translate and where should I put translated stuff?
rveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #253
dsmid
Linux devotee

rveet, take a look at this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...69#post2345069
Old 10-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #254
richten2013
richten2013 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Hello,

I would like to provide a Bulgarian translation for Kindle 3 Keyboard FW 3.4. Where can I find the translation strings? And how can I integrate them afterwards into the binaries?

Thanks in advance for the replies!
richten2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:55 AM   #255
dsmid
Linux devotee

Hello richten,
here is the source you need for translating.
The files in the 'translation' tree + file 'msp_prefs' contain all the strings, on every line there is an English phrase first, followed by TAB. Please place your translation after the TAB.
In some files (msp_prefs and *.properties), the format is like this: 'key=text'.
Just replace the English text with appropriate Bulgarian translation in these files, don't touch the keys.
The graphics can be found in the 'ui' directory. Use your favourite graphics editor to put Bulgarian texts where desired.
I will also need a Bulgarian keyboard layout for Physkeyb.
As for building the update bundle, I can do it for you if you want, or, if you are proficient in Linux, I can offer you my build system. But be warned that it is a little bit rough around the edges.
Attached Files
File Type: zip k3_translation_src.zip (516.6 KB, 327 views)

Tags
localization