Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Matt Helm books

I noticed the first few pb were out already, but today checked Books on Board and the first two are out in epub.

Yeah!!! Already bought them, anxiously awaiting next few.

AJ

(Btw, I have all the pb's that I got back in the 70's and 80's)
=============================
Here's the complete published list (from Wikipedia), I'll try to keep track of the ebooks and audio mp3 . Currently available at BAMM and probably elsewhere. (3/29/2014)

e a 1.Death of a Citizen (1960)
e a 2.The Wrecking Crew (1960)
e a 3.The Removers (1961)
e a 4.The Silencers (1962)
e a 5.Murderers' Row (1962)
e a 6.The Ambushers (1963)
e a 7.The Shadowers (1964)
e a 8.The Ravagers (1964)
e a 9.The Devastators (1965)
e a 10.The Betrayers (1966)
e 11.The Menacers (1968)
e 12.The Interlopers (1969)
e 13.The Poisoners (1971)
e 14.The Intriguers (1972)
e 15.The Intimidators (1974)
e 16.The Terminators (1975)
e 17.The Retaliators (1976)
e 18.The Terrorizers (1977)
e 19.The Revengers (1982)
20.The Annihilators (1983)
21.The Infiltrators (1984)
22.The Detonators (1985)
23.The Vanishers (1986)
24.The Demolishers (1987)
25.The Frighteners (1989)
26.The Threateners (1992)
27.The Damagers (1993)

Last edited by AJ Starr; 12-29-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: updated list of books
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Hey, thanks. Good collection to start. I see a few novels showing up for the Kindle too.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
It is about time. I have all of the PB's and have read them multiple times over the years. Thanks for the heads up.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MATT HELM: The War Years by Keith Wease is available and looks interesting. I will probably pick this one up and check it out.
http://www.amazon.com/MATT-HELM-The-...onald+hamilton
Apache
Old 03-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes, it's about time.

These are great, fun reads.

I'll buy them all.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	103003  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-16-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Matt Helm unofficial web site

In case you don't know about the web site:

http://www.benish-industries.com/hamilton/hamilton.php

And also, a treasure linked from that site is a series of maps for Matt Helm's adventures.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pdmce/mattmaps001.htm

I'm taking the map for the particular book and adding it to the text with Sigil. (For my own copy, of course)

AJ
Old 03-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
Apache
Readaholic

I just finished Death of a Citizen and have started The Wrecking Crew. Great rereads.
Apache
Old 03-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I just finished Death of a Citizen and have started The Wrecking Crew. Great rereads.
Apache

Did you go look at the maps on that web site? It really helps put the locations into perspective.

AJ
Old 03-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Apache
Readaholic

Yes I did. Thank you for the link. Although I used to travel the area in Death of a Citizen.
Apache
Old 03-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #10
AJ Starr
Guru

I grew up in Houston, and spent a military tour in Albuquerque, and now I'm in Omaha. So I recognize the terrain also.

AJ
Old 06-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #11
AJ Starr
Guru

The Silencers was released today. This is the one that Dean Martin's movie was based on. The book is 1000% times better.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
Apache
Readaholic

None of the movies were even close to the books. I have read that series multiple times over the years. I hope they release all of them to eBooks soon.
Apache
Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
awesome! Thanks!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #14
AJ Starr
Guru

Availability update

Just updated the availability dates as I have them.

AJ
Old 03-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #15
Apache
Readaholic

Thank you.
Apache

Tags
donald hamilton, espionage, matt helm