Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-02-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
golagha
Enthusiast
golagha began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Black
How to make a PRC book file in Persian (Farsi)

Hi,
I'm a little familiar to Mobipocket creator. I have a MS. Word document in Persian (Farsi). I want to convert it to PRC. As you know, In Persian language we write all letters from right to the left. So I set it up to "right to left" using unicode. when it makes a PRC file and l load the file in iLiad I see all letters separated and Vice versa!!! Look at this:
input : بیشتر
Output : ر ت ش ی ب

any idea?

This is a test file uploaded for whose want to help me:
Trafic1.zip

Regards
golagha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm not at all sure that MobiPocket supports right-to-left languages. You'd probably have more luck with PDF format.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
herbalist
Enthusiast
herbalist began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 770, Irex Iliad
Here's my guess: Mobipocket transposed the characters because the original .doc is already correctly setup as "right to left". So if you leave the mobi setting as "left to right", the output should be correct i.e. it wouldn't get flipped. However no clue as to why the spaces in between.
herbalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
golagha
Enthusiast

Dear Harry,
Thanks for your attention.

Dear herbalist,
Thanks too.
I tried as you mentioned. Yes! your suggestion solved the separation of characters. In fact, I have no unwanted space between characters.
BUT, there is another problem unsolved!!!
All words are correctly converted to the PRC format but this time I see all words in wrong placed. suppose we have two words (not letter, a whole word) such as : A and B. in the source file I have (B A) that is correct. but in the output I see (A B)

Input : مشکل برنامه
output: برنامه مشکل

Now I am going to test more cases :
Left-to-right with Farsi option,
Left-to-right with English option,
Right-to-Left with Farsi option,
Right-to-Left with English option,

and again all above cases when the doc file is left-to-right (8 total cases)

Many thanks for your help

Regards
Old 08-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
herbalist
Enthusiast
herbalist began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 770, Irex Iliad
I am happy that part of the problem is solved. How about also consider keeping all the settings that produced the output posted above but this time encode the .doc file so that it is BA(flipped) to begin with in the hopes that mobi pocket will get it in the right order?
herbalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
golagha
Enthusiast

Dear herbalist
Thanks for your attention.

Its a nightmare to convert all words in a doc file with 13 Mb size in BA position. Am I right?!!

Anyway, thanks, I think I must wait for the future versions!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
Arsam1390
Arsam1390 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Hello guys and so do i....
I did the same problem with Sony t1
android word bivariate shown fails,and separately .
sony and developer... No didn’t do anything
If possible ،would you please help us..in Our country prisoner ..With 4000 thousand year history... Anyone who is not our rights’
Arsam1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
golagha,

do you need it in PRC, or do you need it on your iLiad?

If it's just an issue of reading on the iLiad, have you tried installing FBReader on your iLiad? With that, you can just save your MS Word document as RTF, and open that file in FBReader.

EDIT:

Whoops! Did not see that this thread id five years old. Sorry

Last edited by curtw; 01-29-2013 at 09:30 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote