Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Samsung said to be Working on 11.8" Tablet

Samsung preparing massive 11.8-inch tablet with Retina Display-like resolution

Quote:
The documents released for the Apple vs. Samsung trial have been a treasure trove for gadget bloggers, showing off Apple's early prototypes of the iPhone and iPad, amongst other findings. The Verge has also unearthed an intriguing skeleton in Samsung's closet: plans for a huge 11.8-inch tablet with Retina Display-like resolution.

While this is not the first time news of a large Samsung tablet has surfaced -- BGR reported a rumor about a similar slate, though it predicted a February 2012 release date -- we now have official confirmation (albeit indirectly) from the company itself.

Known as P10, the tablet would possess a pixel density of 256ppi with a resolution of 2,560x1,600. It would also come with LTE connectivity. But it would be one of the biggest slates available -- Toshiba introduced the 13-inch Excite 13 earlier this year -- which could hinder its commercial possibilities.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
I'm not sure if I want to hold such a large tablet. Well, I'll have to wait and see when it comes out.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
LiquidGear
Zealot
LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
it'll be bigger than my Redfox netbook (wizbook)... lol
LiquidGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
you know the problem with samsung? its not that they cant make a good devices, its because they have to make 5 7 inch tablets, 2 10.1 inch tablets, 1 8.9 inch tablet, and now an 11.8 inch tablet, all with incremental differences. if they spent thier money and development time on just 3 tablets they could reallymake a tablet that stands out!

dont get me wrongi love my samsung galaxy s 3, and my previous samsung galaxy s 2 but when it comes to tablets samsung is clearly insane!
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #5
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I guess it all depends on the width of the bezel. We've got tablets so light now that we can afford to bounce back a little the other way. My Touchpad, admittedly 4x3, is 11.5" on the diagonal including bezel. My netbook, which I carry around perfectly happily, is 12.2". My wife's Tab 10.1 is about 11.9".

I've got thin fingers, so a narrower bezel would work for me.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I love my tablet. Only two things can improve. More memory options, and MORE BATTERY!!

Did I say:

MORE BATTERY!

REMOVABLE BATTERY!

Last edited by SeaKing; 08-02-2012 at 09:12 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I love my tablet. Only two things can improve. More memory options, and MORE BATTERY!!

Did I say:

MORE BATTERY!

REMOVABLE BATTERY!
I'm not sure I understand you, I don't speak "Billy Mays". Might I interest you in greater battery life? And possibly the ability to remove/replace the battery with relative ease?

Because I would very much enjoy that, as well...

But, yeah. I agree with the battery life. ALL tablet thingies I've had the pleasure of playing with have really just been underwhelming with regards to battery life (even the iLine of things). Granted, I'm around a computer enough and I've got enough charging cables to sit down, toss it on the fondleslab for a bit, and give it some sweet life-blood... I really don't know how much I'd really get out of it if my daily routine didn't have me sitting at/working at 2-3 computers regularly. If I were "out in the field," so to speak, I'd probably go nuts.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
More battery life would be good, though my Asus Tran keeps me pretty happy. Removable battery would be effing awesome! The only tablet with a removable battery that I know of is the the Toshiba Thrive. Which is quite good by all accounts, but not great.

The 11.8" tab from Samsung is different. I like that, plus the screen will be amazing with those specs... Don't forget the micro-sd card Samsung!
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote