Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
rgoulde
rgoulde began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
Multiple reader device support

My wife and I both have Kindles and use a common copy of Calibre. We have to keep separate copies of the same copy protected book in Calibre. We use tags to try to keep them straight but it's easy to make mistakes. Is there some feature in Calibre I've missed to help track protected books by device? Anybody have any easy system to tracking them in Calibre?
rgoulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
I strongly reccommend avoiding any DRM'd files all together. Failing that, you should looking in to unlocking any DRM'd files. I haven't tried with kindle files, but it's very easy with mobipocket files. Perhaps if you get the mobipocket pids for your kindles they would work for decrypting the files.
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid there is no such feature. Tags are probably the best way to go
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote