Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #166
Simon_31
Simon_31 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox max, onyx boox note, kindle paperwhite, kobo H2O
Yeah, I got mine today too !
I was worrying about the absence of cover, but Orb_dude removed my worries, I'll wait a little more.
All in all, this reader is fast, contrast is good, and size is perfect for using in the subway. This is what I was expecting for! Now just need to wait for the cover for having a perfect reader for my needs.
Simon_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #167
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb_dude View Post
Attention to pre-orderers from January and February! The cover is still in production and will be delivered separately in the last week of March!
Many thanks for posting that. Hadn't been to that page in a while and was initially a bit disappointed when I opened up my package to find there was no cover in it. Am now much relieved.

As others have mentioned, it seems very fast and is a wonderful size. Am currently charging it before I start to play with it.

(I actually wasn't expecting it to arrive until tomorrow. That's what UPS told me this morning when I contacted them to confirm when it would be delivered... Oh well, just glad I was home when there was a knock at the door. The delivery person just knocked and left it. They were long gone by the time I made it to the door which was only about 5 seconds after the knock.)
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #168
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Quote:
It also says this at the bottom of the webpage: Attention to pre-orderers from January and February! The cover is still in production and will be delivered separately in the last week of March!
Oh, sorry, I really didn't see that.
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #169
Orb_dude
Orb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipseOrb_dude can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Onyx Boox Note
No worries. Not sure that note was there before. I didn't pre-order, received an email from Waldemar they will ship my Note within the week. Curious if it will include the cover or not.
Orb_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:40 PM   #170
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
It also says this at the bottom of the webpage: Attention to pre-orderers from January and February! The cover is still in production and will be delivered separately in the last week of March!
Great - I saw that too! Hope it gets to us soon.

The device is really good! Slim and functional. Firmware as usual can be and should be improved, but the hardware is really great.
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:45 PM   #171
laurenth
laurenth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Hello, first post here, but long time mobileread reader; I thought it was a good time to register and jump in the thread. I pre-ordered the onyx note from booxtor the day it was available on the site, I received it today (I had as well the false start from UPS, was supposed to be delivered on monday, then rescheduled for today...) It's in my hands right now, all fine. As already posted, it came with no cover, mail sent to Waldemar, reply straight after, the covers will be shipped later, they are still in production.
First impression : it's light and thin, the over the air update went fine and was just released few days ago (19th of march), I was surprised that the box mentioned azw3 as a supported format so I can inject the ebooks I purchased from Amazon (not tested yet)
So far so good. My two cents to people who ordered from booxtor is to keep calm and relax... Excuse my english it's not my native language, I'm french (so excuse my french ;-)

Edit: the Note is recognized by Calibre

Last edited by laurenth; 03-21-2018 at 05:02 PM.
laurenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #172
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Nice! Did you already try to install Kindle app from Play Store?
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #173
mossblaser
mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenth View Post
I pre-ordered the onyx note from booxtor the day it was available on the site, I received it today (I had as well the false start from UPS, was supposed to be delivered on monday, then rescheduled for today...)
Hah! Dito! Mine also arrived today having been initially scheduled for Monday. Unfortunately I left for a conference on Tuesday so no new toys to play with until I get back on Monday...

Sad to hear the case was not included as advertised... Strange they didn't email about that...
mossblaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #174
laurenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossblaser View Post
Hah! Dito! Mine also arrived today having been initially scheduled for Monday. Unfortunately I left for a conference on Tuesday so no new toys to play with until I get back on Monday...

Sad to hear the case was not included as advertised... Strange they didn't email about that...
The device is so light/thin/slim (compared to my DX) that you wouldn't travel with it with no protection. Besides, you are paying full attention to the conference you are attending to, which is good karma for everyone :-)

@bongio I did not installed the kindle app but I just transfered an original azw3 book I purchased from Amazon to the Note via calibre and it's opening fine with the native application (Neo Reader 2.0)

Last edited by laurenth; 03-21-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:52 PM   #175
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

Device: None
In the original email sent from ereaderstore a few weeks back alerting people of the delay, they stated:

"We would very appreciate though, if you could accept this short waiting time and remain our customers. As excuse and compensation for additional waiting time we will put a nice gift in your package."

For those that received it - was this actually fulfilled?
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #176
laurenth

Yep, led light you can affix to your device
Old 03-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #177
blue_skies
Addict
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenth View Post
Yep, led light you can affix to your device
Does the led light work well to illuminate the whole screen? Would you mind posting a picture of it?

I would love to buy the Note, but I really need a front light (for night reading, but also for the increased contrast) and I'm hoping they eventually make a device like this with the built-in light.

I haven't felt very confident that an attachable led light would be a very good substitution for a built-in front light... but maybe I'm wrong. I would love to see a picture.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:12 PM   #178
rpvreviews
rpvreviews began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 10.3 (wishlist); Various Kindles in past
completely agree on led light. i don't read in night, even in daylight i need a whiter contrast eye issues. i am willing to go with a minimal led lighting solution if it works
rpvreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:11 AM   #179
Otamono
Otamono began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Hi,

im a new guy here. Recieved my Note yesterday. After i understood how this thing works, it seems i can do everything i want with it, reading papers, make annotations, note stuff. Sadly the latency in Evernote is horrible, but thats an Evernot problem not a Notes one.

Additionally i was surprised, when i just could throw the jpgs of a manga (akira) onto the note, and it basically made a book out of it with pages to go through and i could crop them really well automatically.

I will test the device this friday vs the ReMarkable of a friend. Most likely it will win in writing notes and lose on the rest (annotations, apps and so on)

One suggestion from me would be to implement a lefthanded mode, because i keep my hand rather above the screen,so i interact a lot with the symbols in note, what also would work is a fullscreenmode, so you get rid of all the symbols, maybe activate it by doubleklicking with the eraser.

A one question, what does the button on the pen do?

All the best,

Manuel
Otamono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:41 AM   #180
cqman
Zealot
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otamono View Post
Hi,

A one question, what does the button on the pen do?

Manuel
No function at the moment, will have in the future.
cqman is online now   Reply With Quote