Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo HD
How to edit the CSS of libnickel.so.1.0.0?

I want to modify the appearance of the nickel web browser, and in order to do that I have extracted the CSS of the libnickel.so.1.0.0 file with pipcat's extract-css-libs tool.

After doing that, I have found the relevant bits of code I need to modify:

Quote:
/* found: 129 pos: bd0990 */
#urlBar {
padding-top: 5px;
padding-bottom: 5px;
border-bottom: 1px solid black;
}

#urlBar[browserStyle="simple"] {
qproperty-visible: false;
}
Quote:
/* found: 410 pos: c37a58 */
#browserContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {
qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;
}
These are found on a file called libnickel.so.1.0.0-all.css that was extracted by this tool.

After editing this file, how would one apply the desired modifications to the original file? Pipcat mentions doing it via a Metazoa patch. Could anyone explain to me how that would be done?

ItalianUruguayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:33 AM   #2
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Okay, nevermind. After some hours of reading I have found it myself. In order to modify the file you need to open it with an hex editor and you will find the relevant CSS code buried behind a lot of weird characters.
ItalianUruguayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:54 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You might want to look at the patching threads. That is one of the things that is being changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:42 AM   #4
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianUruguayan View Post
After doing that, I have found the relevant bits of code I need to modify:
Code:
/* found: 129 pos: bd0990 */
#urlBar {
padding-top: 5px;
padding-bottom: 5px;
border-bottom: 1px solid black;
}

#urlBar[browserStyle="simple"] {
qproperty-visible: false;
}

The code you post is from the file libnickel.so.1.0.0 and it's not compressed.
There no compressed css strings in the file libnickel.so.1.0.0.

Quote:
Code:
/* found: 410 pos: c37a58 */
#browserContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {
qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;}
This code is compressed css from the file nickel.
See this guide Patching compressed CSS strings.

Last edited by oren64; 03-20-2018 at 07:03 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote