Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Oasis 2 + Whispersync ebook won’t play audible when both on device.

Has anyone else had a problem with a Whispersync’d ebook and audio book not working together on an Oasis 2?

I have one that’s clearly Whispersync’d, in fact I paid the reduced price for the audio. Both the audiobook and the ebook are on my Oasis but the ebook does not recognise that it is Whispersync’d. I had hoped to use my Oasis to read and listen but it’s not possible for this book, there is no option to switch to listening within the book, or visa versa.

Trying to report it to Amazon is a nightmare, the only reason I bother is that i used to system and user test computer programs so I know how important it is to have faults reported. My sanity does wonder why I bother though
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Only Fires do the Immersive Reading. All Wispersync is switching from Audible to EBook & Back.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
thamescat
thamescat began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2
I have the same issue. Sometimes it sets up and works for a book.Sometimes it doesn't. It has to be an issue with the Oasis as it works fine on my Fire tablet. I did do the chat with Audible the first time it happened. After 2 hours and 45 minutes and different attempts to solve the problem and going through 5 different representatives at Audible and Amazon, the Amazon rep deleted the book from their end and repurchased the book for me to download.I am dreading having to go through the whole process again, but am having the issue with some books/audio books right now on my Oasis 2.
thamescat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:57 PM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Are you talking about Immersive reading? Right now you can do one or the other not both at the same time like you can on the tablets but I read on a blog some place ( can not remember where) that there will be an update to allow immersion reading in the future.

Or are you talking about being able to just switchback and forth between the two while in the book? I had that happen with my Collective Works of Arthur C Clarke but I think it is because I purchased the audio seperate from the book and it may have been a slightly different version otherwise when i tap within a book on the bottom right os an icon to switch over to audible. You may want to reset and deregister the device all together and reload it all from scratch
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:00 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Are you talking about Immersive reading? Right now you can do one or the other not both at the same time like you can on the tablets but I read on a blog some place ( can not remember where) that there will be an update to allow immersion reading in the future.

Or are you talking about being able to just switchback and forth between the two while in the book? I had that happen with my Collective Works of Arthur C Clarke but I think it is because I purchased the audio seperate from the book and it may have been a slightly different version otherwise when i tap within a book on the bottom right os an icon to switch over to audible. You may want to reset and deregister the device all together and reload it all from scratch

No I wasn’t talking about immersive reading. It was an Amazon clitch. They fixed it a few days after I managed to successfully report it to Audible.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote