Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
leroy09
leroy09 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
second calibre kindle device

i've been using calibre with my kindle keyboard device for the last five years or so but recently treated myself to a kindle voyage... i can't seem to find though the info on how to add a new device to calibre & what to do with my existing library (sorry i'm an ol' git & more or less code illiterate),
thanks for any info !
leroy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Simply plug in your Kindle Voyage instead of the Kindle keyboard. calibre already comes with device drivers for many device types.

Also, you may wish to configure the device to add AZW3 to the list of ebook formats which the Voyage accepts.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
leroy09

thanks for the swift reply !

i take it in that case i can still use my old (keyboard kindle) library to add selected files from that library (all be it in azw3) to my new device (?)
Old 05-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
calibre can only recognize one device at a time.

But you can add books from one device into your calibre library (assuming they aren't there already ), and then switch devices and add those onto the new device.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
leroy09

thanks very much !
(i was worried adding a new device to calibre meant automatically a new library;
but that program is way ahead of me & so much smarter than i am)
Old 05-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy09 View Post
thanks very much !
(i was worried adding a new device to calibre meant automatically a new library;
but that program is way ahead of me & so much smarter than i am)
besides just being compatible, your new Kindle will read the older Mobi books just fine .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:30 PM   #7
leroy09

thanks for all the info, much appreciated !

Tags
calibre, library, new device