Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-20-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
duluoz
Newsbeamer dev
duluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Creating recipes that have same cover page as Calibre built in version

Hi. When using the Calibre GUI to create a mobi or epub publication, for example The Hindu, the cover page has the date at the bottom and swirly designs in the corners.

I'm trying to replicate this using the command line, which doesn't create the cover with the date. I've tried the pretty-print and the prefer-metadata-cover options but it's still not the same as the Calibre generated content.

What equivalent command line command would best replicate the Calibre version for publications? Specifically, I've been experimenting with The Hindu, and trying to get the date on the cover page.

Thanks
duluoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Running

ebook-convert hindu.recipe .epub

generates an epub file with a cover with the date at the bottom for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert