Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
slicknick001
slicknick001 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smashwords error report:Please make your cover image the very first page of your EPUB

Hi,
I don’t think I’m handling the cover or ToC right in this epub because Smashwords reports:

The current status of Bench Warfare is Needs modification Problems were found in review:
• Please make your cover image the very first page of your EPUB.

I've attached the Sigil file. Any help much appreciated!
Nick

Here's how I've tried to handle the ToC
=============================
1. I use this method for the copyright page:
Add this line:
<h1 class="hidden">Copyright</h1>
Note that when you generate the toc.xhtml in sigil you must then manually add:
<h1 class="hidden">Contents</h1>
Then delete the generated
<div class="sgc-toc-title">Table of Contents</div>

2. Cover (to avoid Kindle covers being duplicated and for compatibility between amazon mobi and epub formats. See this article: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219550)
<spine> <itemref idref="my-html-cover" linear="no" /> </spine><spine> <itemref idref="my-html-cover" linear="no" /> </spine>

3. Spine Toc error
<manifest>
<item href="toc.ncx" id="ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" />
Should be
<item href="toc.ncx" id=" TOC.xhtml " media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" />
To agree with:
<spine toc="ncx">
<itemref idref="cover.xhtml" linear="no" />
<itemref idref="TOC.xhtml" />
Attached Files
File Type: epub BenchWarfare v1.1.epub (131.5 KB, 156 views)
slicknick001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Your cover image file and your svg file have spaces in their file names. That may be the cause of your 'missing cover'. And Line 22 in your first css file should be >>border: 'none';<<. That will probably invalidate your whole css file for Adobe RMSDK readers.
And it's poor practice to use fixed point sizes, and using Windows font names without fallbacks is guaranteed to not give you what you want. If you want a certain look, you will have to embed the desired font file.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknick001 View Post
Hi,
I don’t think I’m handling the cover or ToC right in this epub because Smashwords reports:

The current status of Bench Warfare is Needs modification Problems were found in review:
• Please make your cover image the very first page of your EPUB.

I've attached the Sigil file. Any help much appreciated!
Nick

Here's how I've tried to handle the ToC
=============================
1. I use this method for the copyright page:
Add this line:
<h1 class="hidden">Copyright</h1>
Note that when you generate the toc.xhtml in sigil you must then manually add:
<h1 class="hidden">Contents</h1>
Then delete the generated
<div class="sgc-toc-title">Table of Contents</div>

2. Cover (to avoid Kindle covers being duplicated and for compatibility between amazon mobi and epub formats. See this article: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219550)
<spine> <itemref idref="my-html-cover" linear="no" /> </spine><spine> <itemref idref="my-html-cover" linear="no" /> </spine>

3. Spine Toc error
<manifest>
<item href="toc.ncx" id="ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" />
Should be
<item href="toc.ncx" id=" TOC.xhtml " media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" />
To agree with:
<spine toc="ncx">
<itemref idref="cover.xhtml" linear="no" />
<itemref idref="TOC.xhtml" />
Slick:

Ignore the Amazon issues. Smashwords does not have distro to Amazon, so that issue is moot for you. The linear=no is likely causing your issue, although I admit I didn't look at your coding indepth. Don't mess with your NCX, not for Smashwords, they don't have the sophistication to work with that.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote