Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 07:14 AM   #61
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Wow! Just seeing the continued ingenuity that is out there "almost" makes the usb port experience failure worthwhile! I will keep my aging, arthritic fingers crossed that the RMA request is successful as I think both suggestions are beyond my capabilities at this point. Will be interesting to see if I get any warranty coverage refusal since I now have the Likebook software on it. BTW, I briefly tried (as I do no want to deplete the full charge still on the unit) the WiFi transfer of a book from the Chinese based site to the unit and it works. Google does translate it so you can quickly figure it out. Thanks.

Update: Did get an RMA return authorization and the unit is on its way back to Eindhoven. Included note as to why unit had been updated with the "other" software created by Boyue as their (Icarus) update version did not correct my original screen freezing/having to reboot while reading. As Boyue software designed for those devices, it should not void the warranty as it is easily redone if you have a fully functioning USB port!

Last edited by p38lightning; 06-21-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Update
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #62
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Wow! Just seeing the continued ingenuity that is out there "almost" makes the usb port experience failure worthwhile! I will keep my aging, arthritic fingers crossed that the RMA request is successful as I think both suggestions are beyond my capabilities at this point. Will be interesting to see if I get any warranty coverage refusal since I now have the Likebook software on it. BTW, I briefly tried (as I do no want to deplete the full charge still on the unit) the WiFi transfer of a book from the Chinese based site to the unit and it works. Google does translate it so you can quickly figure it out. Thanks.

Update: Did get an RMA return authorization and the unit is on its way back to Eindhoven. Included note as to why unit had been updated with the "other" software created by Boyue as their (Icarus) update version did not correct my original screen freezing/having to reboot while reading. As Boyue software designed for those devices, it should not void the warranty as it is easily redone if you have a fully functioning USB port!
Hope for the best, fingers crossed! Do keep us updated.
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2018, 07:43 PM   #63
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Thanks guys for your posts (let's see if anyone can find a way to re-root it). And also @fernsruben for all the good work
You're welcome
Old 06-22-2018, 07:45 PM   #64
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks. I wouldn't think an update would be released that would remove it.
Google Play Services isn't 'removed'. Rather, just 'hidden' due to Play Store policies in China.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:54 AM   #65
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
FYI, Calibre Companion users

When I did the latest Boyue firmware update the Application Menu (three dots) disappeared from Calibre Companion's (CC) menu bar. I have talked with the developer and he sent me an updated APK to test with a fix to work around this issue. The fix works great and I suspect it will be in the next release of CC.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2018, 12:21 AM   #66
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
What version Android is the v2 build? Still 4.2.2? No 4.4?
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:23 AM   #67
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduffbrew View Post
What version Android is the v2 build? Still 4.2.2? No 4.4?

Android Version: 4.2.2

Build # V2.0.0-2018052616
Old 07-10-2018, 01:59 PM   #68
Beltonmike
Enthusiast
Beltonmike began at the beginning.

Device: Illumina XL HD
I also have an illumina XL and use moon reader. First off thank you for the firmware update but that lost me all my settings! I found a 'map' feature in moon reader that let you set up visualy the parts of the screen that controled page turns etcetera but now I can't re-find it. If someone could remind me it would be very helpful!
Thank you
Beltonmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #69
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltonmike View Post
I also have an illumina XL and use moon reader. First off thank you for the firmware update but that lost me all my settings! I found a 'map' feature in moon reader that let you set up visualy the parts of the screen that controled page turns etcetera but now I can't re-find it. If someone could remind me it would be very helpful!
Thank you

When you have a book open tap in the center. This should bring up some menus on the top and bottom of your screen. In the top right corner will be three dots, tap on those and you will have access to all of the Moon+ settings menus. I believe what you are looking for is under the control menu.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:58 AM   #70
Beltonmike
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
When you have a book open tap in the center. This should bring up some menus on the top and bottom of your screen. In the top right corner will be three dots, tap on those and you will have access to all of the Moon+ settings menus. I believe what you are looking for is under the control menu.
Thank you, Indeed it is there when I looked a bit harder. "Toggle Tap Mode" checkbox then just scroll through until you find the one you like. Possibly not the best name but I can't think of a better one offhand
Old 07-11-2018, 05:04 AM   #71
Beltonmike
Enthusiast

With the old Boyue launcher I could edit the shortcuts at the bottom of the home screen. It still looks to be possible in Settings > User settings> Home shortcut app settings > Customized apps. But having changed the apps it makes no differance on the Home screen. What am I not doing right?

Last edited by Beltonmike; 07-11-2018 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #72
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Update on my RMA travails can be found at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...289831&page=13

Will keep you posted
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:37 AM   #73
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
I'm on version 1.02 so I can just backup my stuff then install the driver (done this) then use the batch tool to flash the image under the badiu link (546MB .img) to the device and it will wipe it and install the v2.0 update fresh? I also have the zip but it looks like that has to be flashed with the named changed to update and then it will not work as i'm on v1.02 at the moment.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:42 AM   #74
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
I'm on version 1.02 so I can just backup my stuff then install the driver (done this) then use the batch tool to flash the image under the badiu link (546MB .img) to the device and it will wipe it and install the v2.0 update fresh? I also have the zip but it looks like that has to be flashed with the named changed to update and then it will not work as i'm on v1.02 at the moment.
Do a clean flash using the batch tool to avoid overlapping software conflicts.

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2018, 04:45 AM   #75
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Do a clean flash using the batch tool to avoid overlapping software conflicts.

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
How do I do a clean vs restore flash? Thanks for the reply by the way.
EDIT: Restored and after it was unplugged it factory reset so all is good and i'm having no issues. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by rvcjew; 07-15-2018 at 08:50 PM.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote