Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-27-2018, 02:43 AM   #1
kspn
kspn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo,Android
Question Template for all new files

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a way to create a template for all new files that didn't involve opening a file and doing 'Save As'

Basically all I want is a couple of additional MetaData items in all the time because it is mildly annoying having to add 'Author' and 'Description' every single time I create an epub file (which I do frequently enough) for my own personal use.

If I can do that then it is simply a little easier. Also being able to have a custom CSS on all the files would be nice, but I have worked around that problem for now.

Kind Regards
K
kspn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if you could have the custom metadata already present in all new/empty epubs, wouldn't you still have to "Save As" anyway? The initial save IS a Save As. And you'd still have to populate/edit something like the Description metadata anyway.

I guess I'm not really seeing/understanding the need. Opening a new epub with custom metadata already present; editing the custom metadata; then doing the initial Save As is hardly going to save much time compared to opening a template epub; editing the custom metadata; and doing a Save As, is it?

I guess with an Input template plugin, you could prompt for the values for some custom metadata, but you'd still have to perform the initial Save As -- nothing is going to get around that. At least with an input plugin, you could automate the generation of a new unique id for the book.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
sigil, template