Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 07:17 AM   #76
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Has anyone heard about this news about Google Play not being available in most Android e-readers?

Is anyone experiencing any kind of problems with Google Play and the new firmware?
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #77
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Has anyone heard about this news about Google Play not being available in most Android e-readers?

Is anyone experiencing any kind of problems with Google Play and the new firmware?
I put the new firmware on about June 20th and Google Play is working fine. I just updated apps and ran the Play Protect scan, no problems found.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #78
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yesterday I reset my device to factory settings with latest firmware. And reinstalled stuff from scratch. Google Play works fine.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:38 PM   #79
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I put the new firmware on about June 20th and Google Play is working fine. I just updated apps and ran the Play Protect scan, no problems found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Yesterday I reset my device to factory settings with latest firmware. And reinstalled stuff from scratch. Google Play works fine.
Thanks for your answers, guys. I wonder if it is because, according to the article, our devices were bought before march. Let's hope everything keeps working fine.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #80
tangocat
tangocat began at the beginning.

Device: likebook T80S T103, Kindle paperwhite, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Update: (V2.0.0-2018052616)

Reader:
1. General:
Reading menu is more intuitive, more concise, with a customizable interface layout. You can select and set text fonts to bold/ black, according to user preference.

Hi, fernsruben,

I did a fresh flash of my T80s with the new V2.0.0-2018052616 firmware. Everything looks neat, but I'm haveing a problem with user font in the stock reader app. I made a "fonts" folder under root, and put a few fonts in, the stock reader app picked them up fine, But, their names are all shown as "system default", instead of their real names.

I wonder if this is a bug, or if I didn't do somthing right...

Thanks for everyone's help.
tangocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2018, 11:53 PM   #81
tangocat
tangocat began at the beginning.

Device: likebook T80S T103, Kindle paperwhite, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangocat View Post
Hi, fernsruben,

I did a fresh flash of my T80s with the new V2.0.0-2018052616 firmware. Everything looks neat, but I'm haveing a problem with user font in the stock reader app. I made a "fonts" folder under root, and put a few fonts in, the stock reader app picked them up fine, But, their names are all shown as "system default", instead of their real names.

I wonder if this is a bug, or if I didn't do somthing right...

Thanks for everyone's help.
OK, I fixed the issue myself, though not perfectly.

The problem is not caused by me, but a bug with the built-in reader app bundled in Boyue-launcher.apk. I extrated another version of Boyue-launcher.apk in a custom T80s ROM I found, then used it to override the stock version. After this, all font *.ttf files would display correctly.

Here is the catch though: when the unit restarts (not wake from sleep, but a hard reboot), the device would revert back to the original version with the font name display bug. So, I have to reintall the new version agian, in order to fix the issue. Not a big deal, it's a minor ~30 seconds operation anyways.

I guess if I root the device, I can uninstall the stock version, and then install this new version to make things persistent. Will test out this thoery later over the weekend then.

If anyone has the same problem, I can share the new boyue-launcher apk no problem.

Last edited by tangocat; 08-01-2018 at 11:55 PM.
tangocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #82
bthoem
bthoem began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus
Thank you for the kind instructions to upgrade the Likebook to version 2.0.0. For mine Google Play did not work and had to be reinstalled.
Changing langue to Norwegian brought Chinese letters to the menues, so I decided to find another Launcher. As I only use Cloud apps (Google Books, Google Drive, Kindle and Norwegian Library (eBokBib), I found the launcher "No Launcher" to be perfect. It only shows a list of installed apps. You can search. Push the apps to start. Long push to get a menu, e.g. uninstall. Can be recommended.

Bjørn Tore
bthoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:52 AM   #83
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
This launcher is the best among those I have tried https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ight=relaunchx
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:10 AM   #84
bthoem
bthoem began at the beginning.

I tried RelaunchX and as far as I could see, it's basically a filemanager.
I only use apps - Google Play Books, Amazon Kindle, Google Drive and eBokBib and I could not figure out how to make a nice menu of Apps Icons.
Maybe you can advice?
Bjørn Tore
bthoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:38 AM   #85
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoem View Post
I tried RelaunchX and as far as I could see, it's basically a filemanager.
I only use apps - Google Play Books, Amazon Kindle, Google Drive and eBokBib and I could not figure out how to make a nice menu of Apps Icons.
You are right, it's centred around displaying the files. For me the bottom central button to get to the apps list is sufficient, but I understand if you want to be in the apps list instantly. There's no way to do it in RelaunchX as far as I know.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #86
Sandy Anderson
Sandy Anderson began at the beginning.

To Replace a Dead Battery?

Hello Forum,

I just bought a LikeBook Plus (using eBay, from Shenzhen, China). I charged it up overnight so it was 100%, and then connected it to Wifi to look for and download sheet music pdfs and ereader apps, and then left the Wifi switched on.

Anyway, after a gig, I came back and discovered there was a big "charge battery" sign with an exclamation mark in a triangle underneath. I've charged it for days, and.... it's completely dead still. I took the back off just now (as you would a mobile phone) and discovered it has a thin rectangular Li-ion battery with wires soldered to the board. 10.2 x 6.9 cm, by eye. Stamped in dot matrix across it, it says "- KNE3070102P", "2800mAh", then a barcodey line, then "+ QF1059769", "3.7V", "10.36Wh".

TWO QUESTIONS:

A) What is the preferred way to order another battery?

B) Is the instruction manual anywhere online?

Many thanks,

Sandy Anderson
Sandy Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #87
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Anderson View Post
Hello Forum,

I just bought a LikeBook Plus (using eBay, from Shenzhen, China). I charged it up overnight so it was 100%, and then connected it to Wifi to look for and download sheet music pdfs and ereader apps, and then left the Wifi switched on.

Anyway, after a gig, I came back and discovered there was a big "charge battery" sign with an exclamation mark in a triangle underneath. I've charged it for days, and.... it's completely dead still. I took the back off just now (as you would a mobile phone) and discovered it has a thin rectangular Li-ion battery with wires soldered to the board. 10.2 x 6.9 cm, by eye. Stamped in dot matrix across it, it says "- KNE3070102P", "2800mAh", then a barcodey line, then "+ QF1059769", "3.7V", "10.36Wh".
A more sensible procedure would be to download while charging. An even more sensible procedure, if you already have it downloaded in the computer or such, to transfer via USB cable.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:26 PM   #88
Sandy Anderson
Sandy Anderson began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
A more sensible procedure would be to download while charging. An even more sensible procedure, if you already have it downloaded in the computer or such, to transfer via USB cable.
Thank you for your very sensible reply.

Unfortunately -- cutting a long story short -- I have just last week given up my flat, staying on a friend's floor, and about to set off with 125 cc scooter, rucksack, bivvy, sleeping bag and ukulele from North Yorkshire England to Rome Italy. I just couldn't be sensible. Interestingly, because I bought another for a friend at the same time, his one is working perfectly. In fact, he played Chopin's 25th prelude today in a gig, sight-reading off the Likebook.

Sandy
Sandy Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:57 PM   #89
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Remember to turn off WiFi if not using it as it is usually the largest battery drain on Android based readers. My reader last around 3 weeks with 1-2 hours a reading a day. But if I forget to turn of wifi it's dead in 8-10 hours
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #90
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Anderson View Post
Hello, have you tried cutting plastic part of USB so it would fully fit in? Because of bad design, some us cables does not work on this e-reader. Asking just in case as I had this same issue.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote