Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-26-2021, 06:49 AM   #1
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Do reading statistics work with sideloaded books?

Kindles have a reading statistics page, that actually takes all registered devices into account, even if you're using the android app. I've never tried this before, but if you sideload a book via Calibre, do the reading statistics also work with these books and are they persistent after you delete the books?

I'm asking because on Kobo, the statistics don't seem to sync between devices and also they don't stick if you delete a sideloaded book.

I know that these are vanity metrics but I always liked this aspect, that you can potentially look into a calendar and see on which days you read and how much. Unfortunately, there isn't a service/API that would take all statistics from all kind of devices and enable you to create reports on your reading habits.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:33 AM   #2
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Don't think so.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=44
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #3
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I see. Well, they have to protect their walled garden
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:27 PM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Kindles have a reading statistics page
They do? I've never seen it and have no idea where it might be hiding.

Is this yet another US-only country-specific thing?
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:28 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
They do? I've never seen it and have no idea where it might be hiding.

Is this yet another US-only country-specific thing?
I think it's only in the app. If it's available on e-ink Kindles, I haven't found it, and I would love to know where it is.

In the Android app, it's called "reading Insights". and I'm pretty sure that it does count books that are uploaded to your Kindle cloud via email or send-to-kindle, as it's showing that I have read for 513 days in a row, and I know that probably half of the books I've read were not from Amazon originally. I buy books from many locations and upload them all to my Kindle cloud.

I don't know if it will work with books sideloaded via USB, though, sorry. I suspect it probably won't, but don't know for sure.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert