Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
hanvonn516
hanvonn516 began at the beginning.

Delete books/txt file in hanvonn516 : (

can someone help : (

1. want to delete some books, when reading? (i can get to directory context menu, but can't get to file context menu "to delete"?)

2. what does "remove absent file" mean? "absent"?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanvonn516 View Post
can someone help : (

1. want to delete some books, when reading? (i can get to directory context menu, but can't get to file context menu "to delete"?)

2. what does "remove absent file" mean? "absent"?

File context menu is (if it's the same on hanvon as is on hanlin) opened by long-pressing the number of the file.

Absent files are those that have been deleted or that used to be on the SD card but the card isn't present. They don't appear in the library, of course, but they are listed in the Recent files section, so this option is to remove them from there.
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
hanvonn516
hanvonn516 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
Absent files are those that have been deleted or that used to be on the SD card but the card isn't present. They don't appear in the library, of course, but they are listed in the Recent files section, so this option is to remove them from there.
Thank you for explaining this bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
File context menu is (if it's the same on hanvon as is on hanlin) opened by long-pressing the number of the file.
i'm on the SD: page, and i want to delete a file, i press bookmark - get the menu page - but nothing about "delete"?

go back to SD: page, long press number of file i want to delete, and it opens file to read?? On the user guide on the website, i can see pics with the delete option, but don't know how to get there Help.

some books i read and don't like and want to delete immediately - if i wait to delete on the pc i forget which books to delete - too many titles.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanvonn516 View Post
go back to SD: page, long press number of file i want to delete, and it opens file to read?? On the user guide on the website, i can see pics with the delete option, but don't know how to get there Help.
From what I now read in the user guide, it is indeed different on hanvon, so no longpress will work for you, sorry for the confusion. The user guide says to select a file with the cursor and then press OK.