Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Gotcha, Thanks. I just saw "plugin related Mac bugs" and remembered that there was something Mac plugin-specific in those changes I made.

The m_pluginMapper delete is already removed from the destructor's Mac-specific code. It's just orphaned in MainWindow.h, is all. I'll remove it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #62
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FWIW, I now have two different patches that seem to prevent the segfault Odamizu reported on macOS.

One is extending the workaround, and the other is the patch that was abandoned but that actually works.

I will include one of the two patches in my next Qt build so a fix makes it into the next release after more testing.

It really only matters on Sigil for macOS so no changes to Qt on Windows should be needed.

KevinH
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #63
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
@KevinH — your perseverance in squashing bugs, no matter how obscure, is impressive

The steps to reproduce the crash are not part of my normal workflow, so avoiding it is no effort. I only stumbled on the crash by accident. (I emailed you the crash reports only because you've expressed a desire to see these crash reports.)

Thanks as always to you and also DiapDealer for all your time and effort making Sigil the excellent program that it is.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #64
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just hate crashing bugs, and especially those on my platform of choice!
Old 12-14-2019, 12:47 AM   #65
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
That is good to know. We will have to somehow detect when the system changes its mode and completely repaint everything.
I also noticed the hard to read text when using dark mode on macOS. Has any consideration been given to color theme presets? I'm not sure how new is dark mode, though now that it's here, schemes for light and dark as well as autoswitching would be great. I don't have any preference for what themes to use though maybe one could pick some from popular themes and perhaps later have some preset file type where one could import, export, and share themes.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #66
KevinH
Sigil Developer

There are ways to use qss style sheets and judicial setting of icons and fonts that will provide Sigil with a viable dark theme now, but switching is problematic,

So any integrated support for DarkMode will not be part of Digil 2.9 but it is high on our to-do list for follow-on releases.