Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 AM   #76
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
Schnitzel, du bist gut! Both the French dics work. Hooray. The Littré even has etymologies! I'm probably not up to date, but I don't even know of a program (for free at least) that works this well on a regular computer. If anybody finds an Italian-Eng or Italian-Italian, please post! I wonder if other readers can do this stuff...
Oh, if you're looking to have the Littré on your computer as well, *that* is easy: http://code.google.com/p/dictionnaire-le-littre/
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #77
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
The problem with Littre was that u get either a Wiki Version or a XMLLitre, both are not convertable with converter.exe

The guy in the rus forum managed somehow to convert this first to a normal xdxf file and than convert it, i wonder how he did it

Still no news on the ITA Morphem files, though.
It would be great to extract the three needed files out of a ready mad dic. U find a lot of different languages-rus dictionarys.
I tried to contact some rus people but no response so far. Maybe they cant stop laughing when they read my google translation and dont have a clue what I am talking about

Last edited by Schnitzelbrain; 06-01-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #78
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Thanks, franklekens. I didn't install the Littré on my regular computer because I don't really need it, but I was wondering if it works there the same way as in PB360, i.e. point and click and the dict entry pops up on the page. What I am really after is an Italian-Italian or Italian-Eng dict that will do that in PB, or on the computer. I know you can cut and paste into Google translator, for example, which is easy enough on the computer using two windows, but I don't know of a program where you can just point and click. The Internat. Herald Tribune used to have such a feature but it seems to have disappeared, and I don't know of any Italian (or French for that matter) online newspapers that have it, or of any programs you can buy or download that will do it. (Maybe Babylon but I haven't checked them out.)

EDIT: Just found this: http://www.langmaster.com/lmcom/com/...ictionary.aspx. Seems to work well, but not free. Free trial for 14 days, 6 euros to buy. I assume this would NOT work with PB360, but it does work with a regular computer (XP and Firefox in my case).

@Schnitzel, I'm way out of my league here so I'll just have to wait till somebody points me to what I want (Ital-Eng or Ital-Ital) or somebody makes one. Do you know of a German-German, by the way?

Last edited by mdmorrissey; 06-01-2010 at 07:23 AM.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #79
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Maybe Stardict does that, or some of what you're looking for. On the computer, of course, not on the Pocketbook.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #80
crangirl
Connoisseur
crangirl doesn't littercrangirl doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
I hope this isn't posted already.

You can find a lot of xdxf dictionaries (to convert) here:
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/

(I haven't tried it yet, because I don't have the PB 360.. yet..).
crangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #81
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Yep, got those, thanks, but the problem is turning them into .dic files that can be used by the PB360. With Schnitzel's help I now have Ger-Eng and Ger-Ger in addition to the Eng-Ger that came installed, but I'm afraid it will take somebody more talented than me to produced the Ital-Eng or Ital-Ital, which is what I want. In the meantime I have "graduated" (backwards) to simply trying to make the bookmarks work in what I'm reading (see other thread).
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #82
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can anyone make "idiots guide" how to translate wiktionary to Pocketbook format? And it would be nice to have en-en wiktionary .dic so I could just install it.

What are best available en-en dictionaries for pocketbook 360? I just have the 1913 version now and having hard time finding anything more modern.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #83
crangirl
Connoisseur
crangirl doesn't littercrangirl doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
Some questions, if you don't mind:

Will more dictionaries slow the PB 360 down?
Or drain the battery?

Can you just use 1 dictionary at a time? Is it easy to 'switch' (if you'd like translations in multiple languages of the same word).

The other files in the Dictionary Converter files.. ('eng'), what are they for?
(Collates, keyboard and morphems).

Should you copy these into the same folder as the dictionaries, or not?
crangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #84
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
Some questions, if you don't mind:

Will more dictionaries slow the PB 360 down?
Or drain the battery?

Can you just use 1 dictionary at a time? Is it easy to 'switch' (if you'd like translations in multiple languages of the same word).

The other files in the Dictionary Converter files.. ('eng'), what are they for?
(Collates, keyboard and morphems).

Should you copy these into the same folder as the dictionaries, or not?
I doubt that having more dictionaries will drain the battery. They're just files, like books and applications.

You can only use one dictionary at the same time, but it's easy to switch once you're in the dictionary menu: just click the joystick to the left and you'll see all the available dictionaries.

I can't help much with the converter thing, but you must put keyboard files in the "keyboard" folder, inside of the "language" folder which you find in "system"
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #85
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Well lets start,
(@Kameli and crangirl, hope its understandable enough)

the dic Format of the PB is very unique. So what we basically have to do is we convert common Dictionarys into the dic format.

That means we need a, lets call it the source dictionary, in the XDXF, DSL or DICT format. The problem is if u have any overlenght lines or special characters or anything else in the source, the converter fails to run through.
Same is when u take the mentioned wikitionary or the XMLLibre. As they have some xml or html codes inside, the converter fails to....convert.
The only way is to get rid of all the problem is handclean the file, but do not ask me what all makes problems for conversion.

So a good source is http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/ like crangirl already said. The XDXF Files there work good for conversion. But expect that one or the other fails.

So what do u need for conversion:
1. the source dictionary, lets say french.xdxf
2. Then u need the three language files for the source language. In our example the FR Folder (Postet in this thread together with spanish). In that folder are three files Morphems, Collates, keyboard. These three files are the rules for the converter exe to do his conversion work as well as the rules for the wordfind in the PB later. Do NOT change the files, exept u know how u do this in UTF-8 Format. Either the conversion fails or the dictionary doesnt find a word later on.
3. And, of course the converter.exe (get here)

Then u do the following:
1. Left click the french.xdxf file
2. STRG-Leftclick the FOLDER with the three Files, in our example the FR Folder
3. Drag the two selected files onto the converter exe and wait. The converter exe will make a new file called i.E french.dic.

if it fails u can not do much about it exept try another source file.
And again the three files are not for to copy on the PB. These are the rules for the source language no matter in what other languange the dictionary work. U need the FR Folder for FR-ENG as well as for FR-FR or FR-GER. So when u convert an english dictionary u need.....correct the ENG Folder. Then also for ENG-GER or ENG-ENG or ENG-SPA

Last edited by Schnitzelbrain; 06-02-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #86
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Well, finally the conversion worked for me and I have a dict... for eng-spa... Tonight I'll try it.

Thank you, Schnitzelbrain!
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #87
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelee View Post
Well, finally the conversion worked for me and I have a dict... for eng-spa... Tonight I'll try it.

Thank you, Schnitzelbrain!
Could you post it?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #88
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Let me try it before, I don't have the pb with me at this moment... In one day, if it works, I'll put it, I promise!
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #89
Logseman
Orisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelee View Post
Let me try it before, I don't have the pb with me at this moment... In one day, if it works, I'll put it, I promise!
Take your time
Old 06-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #90
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Well a reposity for converted dic files would be nice. But I think there are legal and size issues.

When u have things like an encyclopedia easy a 170mb is gone for one file. So we would need a lot of space and download bandwidth.

Second who checks if the files uploaded are really run under GNU or are free in another way ?

But maybe someone has the knowledge and the space to do so. We are a reading Forum so maybe some people have access to check for legal issues and have time to help.