Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
reader11
reader11
reader11 began at the beginning.

Device: prs700
PRS700 problems...like how to get a book!

Hey ya'll. Big problem. I have found free books and am so excited! BUT I had to download winrar to unzip them...k ..did that. Now I can't get them to load onto my prs700. In fact I haven't figured out how to get books from anywhere but sony ebook library onto it. CAN ANYONE HELP ME??
reader11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What format are these eBooks in?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
The Sony PRS functions as a hard drive. If you know where the files are on your computer you can drag and drop them into your reader. You can also try using Calibre to manage your free ebooks. There is a forum on this site for Calibre where you can get help using the program.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Sounds like its a problem with the format that the books are in, make sure its compatible with the Reader
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader11 View Post
Hey ya'll. Big problem. I have found free books and am so excited! BUT I had to download winrar to unzip them...k ..did that. Now I can't get them to load onto my prs700. In fact I haven't figured out how to get books from anywhere but sony ebook library onto it. CAN ANYONE HELP ME??
Which site are you going to?

Free books don't normally require unzipping.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert