Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Way to eliminate Carousel from view permanently.

I moved my favorite books and apps to the shelves in the order I want. Then I moved down to where only 3 shelves are showing but not the Carousel.

I notice, when I go into sleep mode and then turn on the Fire, only the 3 shelves show. The Carousel is gone from view PERMANENTLY.

My 3 viewable shelves contain 4 books / apps per shelf for 12 showing. That's all I need and its great now.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Question

I'm unable to duplicate this. It will come on with just the shelves displayed, but I can easily scroll up to the Carousel.

Last edited by jswinden; 01-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm unable to duplicate this. It will come on with just the shelves displayed, but I can easily scroll up to the Carousel.
Same here.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Could you maybe do some screenshots of this? I'm not able to get this working.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I think he is saying that the position is saved . ie you dont see the carousel (unless you scroll up)
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I think he is saying that the position is saved . ie you dont see the carousel (unless you scroll up)
The screen only shows the 3 shelves when I re-awake the Fire or when I return to the Home Screen from reading a book.

The Carousel is there but not visible unless I want to scroll up to it.

I pick my books or apps from the 3 shelves. Other less important books and apps can be placed below the 3 shelves but also are not visible unless wanted for some reason.

I find just keeping the Carousel out of sight makes the Fire experience much better.

If I want to give priority to specific books or apps, I can just move them up on the shelves.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Hardly the revelation I was expecting. I have another way; tape cardboard over the top 1/3rd of the screen and you'll never see the carousel again!
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Hardly the revelation I was expecting. I have another way; tape cardboard over the top 1/3rd of the screen and you'll never see the carousel again!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
LOL!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

Use Go! Launcher and you only see it when you want to.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Use Go! Launcher and you only see it when you want to.
Yep, just occasionally I use the stock launcher to clean up the Carousel so pretty much it is gone 99% of the time.

You can do everything from Go Launcher unless I'm missing something but I'm not a bookworm where I have to sort/shelf lots of books anyways. Too much other stuff to mess around with on the Fire. I bet a higher percentage of folks than not use it for other things anyway than reading.

Last edited by robertc88; 01-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
sirmaru
Wizard

Go Launcher question

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Yep, just occasionally I use the stock launcher to clean up the Carousel so pretty much it is gone 99% of the time.

You can do everything from Go Launcher unless I'm missing something but I'm not a bookworm where I have to sort/shelf lots of books anyways. Too much other stuff to mess around with on the Fire. I bet a higher percentage of folks than not use it for other things anyway than reading.
If one uses Go Launcher, will it adapt equally well to Landscape Mode as well as Portrait Mode?

Some apps only work properly in Portrait Mode. I notice on the Amazon App Store display for it only Portrait Mode pictures are shown suggesting it may not work properly in Landscape Mode.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
If one uses Go Launcher, will it adapt equally well to Landscape Mode as well as Portrait Mode?

Some apps only work properly in Portrait Mode. I notice on the Amazon App Store display for it only Portrait Mode pictures are shown suggesting it may not work properly in Landscape Mode.

Go! launcher just changes your home screen to look like a real android device. You can now have Widgets! It works in both landscape and portrait. You can switch back and forth at anytime by adding a shortcut to the launcher on the Go! Launcher screen and Go! Launcher on your favorites bookshelf.

It wont change the other stuff in anyway.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
sirmaru
Wizard

Not compatible with Kindle Fire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Go! launcher just changes your home screen to look like a real android device. You can now have Widgets! It works in both landscape and portrait. You can switch back and forth at anytime by adding a shortcut to the launcher on the Go! Launcher screen and Go! Launcher on your favorites bookshelf.

It wont change the other stuff in anyway.
When I go to Go Launcher Ex in the Amazon Android App Store, it indicates on the right that it is INCOMPATIBLE with the Kindle Fire. It shows an "X" there.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
Athens80
Connoisseur
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
When I go to Go Launcher Ex in the Amazon Android App Store, it indicates on the right that it is INCOMPATIBLE with the Kindle Fire. It shows an "X" there.
Go Launcher EX is available for the Kindle Fire from 1Mobile or directly from the developer.
Athens80 is offline   Reply With Quote