Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #16
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
Soon, very soon

Posted on July 25, 2012 on http://www.iononline.nl/news/?p=70 by Konrad van den Bosch CEO at Ion Audio | Leiden, Netherlands

Geachte Book Saver geintreseerden
Gister contact met de product controleurs, er was een probleem met de scherpte/focus dat is nu nagenoeg opgelost, maar nog niet helemaal. Maar het gaat gelukkig wel goedkomen, verveld is dat er wel iedere keer extra tijd over heen gaat. De fabriek heeft aangegeven dat ze de laatste puntjes deze week op de i zetten. Na controlle versturen wij de Book Saver via luchtvracht. Het ION hoofdkantoor geeft aan dat het moet lukken om de zending binnen 2 weken in Nederland te hebben.
Ik hou u op de hoogte als ik het bericht ontvang dat het verstuurd is.
Vriendleijke groet,
Konrad van den Bosch

google translate

Dear Book Saver who are interested
Last contact with the product controllers, there was a problem with the sharpness / focus that is now almost solved, but not quite. But it is fortunately fine, peeling is that every time there is extra time to go. The factory has indicated that the final touches this week on the i. After we send the cont rolle Saver Book by air. The ION headquarters indicates that it must succeed in the mission within 2 weeks in the Netherlands to have.
I will keep you informed as I receive the message that is sent.
Vriendleijke Regards,
Konrad van den Bosch

Last edited by Arbait; 08-11-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #17
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As as today BOOK SAVER Availability: In stock!!!
http://www.iononline.nl/products/new...ook-saver.html

149 euros, Free shipping in the Benelux.

As I only buy it in 10 days, if you any colleague buy one quickly, please keep us informed.

cough... maybe the tread title "ION Book Saver Cancelled" is now a bit obsolete? )
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I received the following e-mail today:

Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately, the Book Saver has not been sent to production. Ion was not happy with the quality of the images and has decided not to move forward.
Thank you,
Debra
InMusic Info
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
Arbait
Connoisseur

@dandelioncottage is shipping now, please check here
Also, "about the quality of the images", old news as in the official letter from Konrad van den Bosch CEO at Ion Audio Netherlands, on 25 July, "...er was een probleem met de scherpte/focus dat is nu nagenoeg opgelost... De fabriek heeft aangegeven dat ze de laatste puntjes deze week op de i zetten." ["...there was a problem with the sharpness / focus that is now almost solved"] ... The factory said that this week they dot the last i's...

And, starting with today they have in stock and ship the Book Saver. IonOnline Nl.

So, i think that Debra from In Music (? a link maybe...) dont know exactly what's going on here - meaning Benelux.

Later edit: Also true that i don't believe until i have the BookSaver on my wood desktop.
Also that "sharpness/focus" problem don't sound good...

Last edited by Arbait; 08-17-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I wonder if the sharpness problem has to do with the setup moving while the picture is taken. The camera rig looks pretty light, which is good when you lift it off and onto the book so often, but the book might be slowly springing shut still for a few seconds after the rig is put into place. I wonder if it would work better upside down for heavier, stiffer books?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #21
Arbait
Connoisseur

Google translate from nederlands to english

BOOK SAVER extra info
Posted on August 22, 2012 by konrad has 0 comments
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ION BOOK SAVER
Unfortunately there is no - in standard Book Saver, batteries, SD memory card and software. We as iTronic distributor of the brand ION have this project to approve ION USA independently through put. The software was already earlier announced that it will not be present. (See below for more on the software)
You still need 4x AAA AA batteries and a 1-8GB SD card. The Book Saver should be put together by the AB handy references and precisely fitting legs you can quickly and easily put together the Book Saver.
The tent structure prevents light, place a book / magazine and you can start.
thing I noticed is that the scans are better when there is not much light in the room where you scan but it must not be too dark.
The files are about 2MB and storage in Jpeg, myself I work with iPhoto (default on your Mac), you can improve the scans, straighten and easy cutting.
There are lots of (free) programs that you can join such Scan Tailor available in Windows, GNU and Linux version.
OCR and to create PDFs you would be able to use Homer Book Scanner Open Software course there are very good paid versions include Abbyy version 11 & Nuance OmniPage 18
For questions you can reach me via konrad@ion-audio.nl
Sincerely,
Konrad van den Bosch
Old 08-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

jpeg is not a good choice for saving images of text. It blurs the edges of the characters.

Anyway, c'mon @Arbait! Just buy it and let us know how well it works.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #23
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I wonder if they would ship to the USA from Europe and how much that would come to. I have Abbyy Finereader 10, so I'm good for software. I would definitely want to hear how it performs first! Continuing to follow this thread with interest!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
jpeg is not a good choice for saving images of text. It blurs the edges of the characters.

Anyway, c'mon @Arbait! Just buy it and let us know how well it works.
I agree. I wonder if it has a RAW or BMP mode.
I did see a Mini-USB connection. I wonder if it would behave as a Scanner?

149 Euro is about US$190 + shipping. I wonder why the US ION would not stock them without software just lik the NL branch
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #25
Arbait
Connoisseur

Soon, very soon... ) meaning on 27...
Old 08-23-2012, 04:33 AM   #26
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Mine is supposed to be shipped out and should be @ my home today.

Guess it's time to download some software :P
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #27
dtrounson
dtrounson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Can you let me know whether it supports the usual DIY software?
Might be an unexpected bonus to living in Germany for awhile if I can get one of these, since they are much cheaper than building one (albeit possibly not quite as good)
dtrounson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #28
rkomar
Wizard

I suspect you just pull the SD card out, pop it into your computer, and copy the jpeg image files off. My old Canon digital camera works the same way.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #29
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Ugh... Just got home, the delivery dude delivered the package not to our neighbors, like usual. No, they gave it to a store on the other side of the street. And of course.... They're closed....
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #30
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I suspect you just pull the SD card out, pop it into your computer, and copy the jpeg image files off. My old Canon digital camera works the same way.
Or you might try eye-fi card, may be it will work.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote