Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Auto nooter for BN 1.1

Auto nooter just updated -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1282

I haven't tried it yet - left my SD reader at home ...

this was reported in some other threads, but I thought we should have a thread so it is easier for people to find ...
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
okay I'm getting a bit lost here, so many different threads and methods.. this one will work with unrooted V1.1.0 right?
or does the device need to be a rooted v1.01 ?
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

edit double post sorry
Old 02-03-2011, 04:21 AM   #4
iandix
Addict

well I decided to find out for myself.. so I reset my NC back original firmware then updated to v1.1.0 and then installed this autonooter and it worked just like the prevision versions...

no problems sighted as of yet

Last edited by iandix; 02-03-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Thanks !!!! I think I will do it this weekend....
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Sethman
Enthusiast
Sethman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
well I decided to find out for myself.. so I reset my NC back original firmware then updated to v1.1.0 and then installed this autonooter and it worked just like the prevision versions...

no problems sighted as of yet
Question. When you reset your nook, after the 8 reboots, did you Erase and Deregister your device?

I didn't do that yet and don't know if I need to.

Seth
Sethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
iandix
Addict

yes you do need to do that as well...

Last edited by iandix; 02-03-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
Sethman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
yes you do need to do that as well...
Well that cleared up all my issues. However it was quite a job to now put everything back the way it was.

I'm thinking I might just hold off on this next autonooter until the March B&N updates are done with. There are supposed to be 2 more coming before the end of March. I'm not sure I want to redo all this 2 more times.

I'm going to have to think about this one.

Seth
Old 02-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethman View Post
Well that cleared up all my issues. However it was quite a job to now put everything back the way it was.

I'm thinking I might just hold off on this next autonooter until the March B&N updates are done with. There are supposed to be 2 more coming before the end of March. I'm not sure I want to redo all this 2 more times.

I'm going to have to think about this one.

Seth
If you use an app to backup your apps/data/settings (including your launcher configuration) it should take a few minutes to restore everything as it was. My experience is with MyBackUp Pro. You should be able to click "Restore", select what you want to do, and walk away.

Unless you were referring to the B&N shelves. Of course you have to do this manually. I didn't even bother to re-shelve my stuff. The only shelf I use now is "Currently Reading".

Last edited by SCION; 02-03-2011 at 11:31 AM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Sethman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If you use an app to backup your apps/data/settings (including your launcher configuration) it should take a few minutes to restore everything as it was. My experience is with MyBackUp Pro. You should be able to click "Restore", select what you want to do, and walk away.

Unless you were referring to the B&N shelves. Of course you have to do this manually. I didn't even bother to re-shelve my stuff. The only shelf I use now is "Currently Reading".
Yeah mostly my shelves.

Do you backup everything or just programs like Dolphin that store bookmarks?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethman View Post
Yeah mostly my shelves.

Do you backup everything or just programs like Dolphin that store bookmarks?
I back up everything. The key is to back up apps and their data. You literally pick up where you left off when you restore.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I did this method (I want to say someone posted this in another thread, but not 100% sure) myself and it worked fine. I didn't have to reinstall anything or change anything. Picked up reading in Aldiko right where I left off before updating. You'll need to get Rom Manager from AppBrain and then download the updating file. No partitioning of SD cards, no wiping of SD cards. It was easier than the autonooter process imo..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=932145

Edit: Credit where due, this thread is where I originally found the above link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119647

Last edited by kblair210; 02-03-2011 at 04:35 PM.
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblair210 View Post
I did this method (I want to say someone posted this in another thread, but not 100% sure)
The main mobileread thread discussing using the pre-rooted update (same method that you linked to is) is here.

It does require replacing your BN recovery with clockwork mod unless you do actually image a card (with a bootable CWM). Summary info about clockworkmod here. Folks not interested in giving up the BN recovery will either want to do an autonooter method or launch the pre-rooted update from a bootable CWM SD card (or manually root from nooter0.2)

Personally, I much prefer CWM since it gives you the ability to create full restores. No more starting over completely from scratch if your Nook gets hosed in some way. It's quite a relief to have a complete restore -- all apps, all BN state, be just a 10 minute un-attended restore away.

Last edited by zartemis; 02-03-2011 at 06:39 PM.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I had been waiting for a new autonooter as well, but yesterday afternoon I caved in to my hacking/flashing compulsion and used the CWM solution (same tip of the hat as kblair to the incredible folks at xda).

Grabbed Rom Manager and d/l the 1.1.0 image. It took less than 5 minutes to follow the steps, and poof! A brand new NC...

Not knocking the newest autonooter, mind you -- I did my original rooting with autonooter and couldn't have been happier -- but the CWM solution was just as easy as autonootering and it gives me more options in the future.

Note: Flashing really is a compulsion. Don't believe me? Check out the ROM development forums at xda. My smartphones have had literally dozens of different ROMs flashed over the past couple of years!
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #15
Sethman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
Personally, I much prefer CWM since it gives you the ability to create full restores. No more starting over completely from scratch if your Nook gets hosed in some way. It's quite a relief to have a complete restore -- all apps, all BN state, be just a 10 minute un-attended restore away.
Ok that certainly sounds very appealing. How about all future firmware updates from B&N, would new files have to be created for these?

Also what about your book shelves, or ADE files? Are all these preserved as well?

Makes me wonder why would anyone autonooter, if this is so perfect.

Seth