Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Arc 7 Cases

After an unfortunate mishap involving a swivel chair, twisting to look for some knitting needles, the floor, and a Kobo Arc, we had to replace my wife's now damaged Arc by a new device, and selected the Arc 7 HD.

While she loves the device itself, the case leaves a lot to be desired; it seems a lot cheaper and nastier than previous cases from Kobo, and in fact, you can't even charge the device with the case on and closed; the USB connection is covered by the spine of the case.

Anyone have any case recommendations for these newer devices?

(The damage to the Arc was the USB connection that has now come loose, and only works if you hold the cable "just right").
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
swirllygig
swirllygig began at the beginning.

Device: sony e600
I have just aquired one of these for my arc 10
http://uk.caseable.com/kobo-arc-7-HD/case/best-seller/
swirllygig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
cvergz828
cvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Arc 7
I would recommend buying one of those leather cases, and I think there is one that can fit any Kobo device. If you didn't have much luck, try the cases for the Google Nexus 7 tablets. Although, they are the exact same size, but when trying to fit a Kobo device in a case for a Google Nexus 7 tablet, it's not going to fit in perfectly.
cvergz828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finally have found a case that met the wife's approval factor; from Skin Digital http://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Kobo-ARC-...-/390721873824
Old 01-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
Kosh
Enthusiast
Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Arc 7
I emailed them and they said they only know of arc 7 hd and arc 10. :S has anyone tried it on arc 7?
Kosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:14 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

As far as I know the form factors for the 7 and 7 HD are identical.

See http://www.kobo.com/koboarc7hd#techspecs and http://www.kobo.com/koboarc7#techspecs
Old 01-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #7
Kosh
Enthusiast
Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Kosh knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Arc 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
As far as I know the form factors for the 7 and 7 HD are identical.

See http://www.kobo.com/koboarc7hd#techspecs and http://www.kobo.com/koboarc7#techspecs
its seem the arc 7 4mm or so bigger in depth. I went in the store today and sales girl said you need a different case for arc 7.

however on kobo website its same for the 2 tablet..

Last edited by Kosh; 01-05-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Kosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I *think* she would have been comparing the ARC to the ARC 7 / ARC 7 HD.