Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #586
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Still no books from fictionwise in my nook UK account yet.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #587
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I've given in - I'll just trust to my calibre library....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #588
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And only got back a pointer to the FAQ. I don't suppose there are many people on the Fictionwise customer service desk now!
I haven't received a check either and my membership was good until May 2020. I've contacted FW support but no response yet.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #589
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
FWIW I solved the issue of UK Nook thinking I was in some other country. That country was undefined since I hadn't entered any payment details. Once I attached a UK credit card to the account it decided I was allowed to see books on the UK Nook store. Still nothing imported from Fictionwise though.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #590
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What was the deadline for the transfer
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #591
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Today - 31st Jan - is when FW officially closes, I believe.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #592
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still no transferred books in my nook.co.uk account. (Nor in my nook.com account, but that has a different email address, so they certainly shouldn't end up there!)
Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #593
GeoffC

The rest of the day should prove interesting, then !
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #594
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I don't think the transfer time is tied to the time that the Fictionwise web site is running.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #595
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I have contacted Barnes & Noble again on their customer support line via Skype. They are 'escalating' the problem. They might even phone me back.

Good grief! Email! Text Messages! What's this obsession with phone calls?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #596
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I got a message saying I had credit left from Fictionwise and then a message saying the amount was in error and I'd be getting an email soon with the proper amount.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #597
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I didn't have any credit left, but I do have four years of Buywise club membership, about which I have heard nothing yet (apart from the generic info in the FAQs).
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #598
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I never got any reply from my often-repeated request to have my copy of "The Two Towers" replaced with "The Lord of the Rings" omnibus. I suspect that's now a lost cause.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #599
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I don't think it's necessarily a lost cause. This is a known (to B&N) problem, and I suspect that they'll fix it eventually.

Mind you, they'll probably then cause everyone who had actually bought The Two Towers to receive The Lord of the Rings instead!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #600
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have contacted Barnes & Noble again on their customer support line via Skype. They are 'escalating' the problem. They might even phone me back.
Be patient. Riggio is a busy guy so it'll take him a while to get around to authorizing action on the Fictionwise customer issues.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote