Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Kind1e
Kind1e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.1
Lightbulb Kindle Paperwhite Localization

Sorry if am starting a double thread, was able to find only K4 Touch topic.
So I got K5 Paperwhite, made a jailbreak, bridge, updated to the latest 5.3.1, again bridged it, installed dev certificates, Kindlet JB and localized keyboard...

As the title assumes, I need to localize my device - not just keyboard. I was not able to find anything good on K5 localization.
Moreover, I found that some people recommend CollectionsManager as default reader and tell to use localized version...
I found my (Russian) version of CollectionsManager config, but it again requires to set device default language to Russian. And I miss this option.

Please, please, anyone can guide me?
Kind1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
The logic, and procedure, is fundamentally still the same as discussed in this thread. You will need to invest quite some effort to adapt everything to the Paperwhite, but go ahead if you want to!

PS: CollectionsManager is not a reader app Anyway, you can use the russian localization by renaming its section name to "en" (instead of "ru") - this way, the english strings will be replaced by the russian ones.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote