Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Liam Nolan
Liam Nolan is on a distinguished road

Device: Paperwhite 11th
Hack Guide For The Dumb

Hi I searched through the forums for the answer to my question but any time I think I have the answer someone goes off in a tangent and I get confused so I am wondering if someone can explain simply (and maybe make a sticky) a guide to updating my 505
I updated it with JSWolfs hack for the clock new icons and fonts.
I want to update to the new sony firmware but...
Do I need to remove the hack first, if so how, does this bring me back to the original firmware.
If not can I just load the new firmware, will I lose the hacks?

Am I right in thinking that firmware is like an OS and the hack is like a program
Thanks in advance
The main thing I need is the Clock

Last edited by Liam Nolan; 08-13-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: left something out
Liam Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Nolan View Post
Hi I searched through the forums for the answer to my question but any time I think I have the answer someone goes off in a tangent and I get confused so I am wondering if someone can explain simply (and maybe make a sticky) a guide to updating my 505
I updated it with JSWolfs hack for the clock new icons and fonts.
I want to update to the new sony firmware but...
Do I need to remove the hack first, if so how, does this bring me back to the original firmware.
If not can I just load the new firmware, will I lose the hacks?

Am I right in thinking that firmware is like an OS and the hack is like a program
Thanks in advance
The main thing I need is the Clock
Give PRSCustomizer a looksee. Click the link in my sig.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Liam Nolan
Liam Nolan is on a distinguished road

Device: Paperwhite 11th
Thanks , It seems to work perfectly the clock is back and the unified fonts and the delete function works.
Liam Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote