Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #271
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Non angle view. My phone is not using a flash.
Is there a way to post photos in Amazon reviews. We should start posting ours if so. I think you can post photos at the top of the page, so maybe post there too.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #272
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Is there a way to post photos in Amazon reviews. We should start posting ours if so. I think you can post photos at the top of the page, so maybe post there too.
There's an Upload Image button on this page, I just went ahead and did one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...pdp_images_all
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #273
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
There's an Upload Image button on this page, I just went ahead and did one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...pdp_images_all
Thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #274
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Ditto.

My replacement looks almost just like yours with that big blob of shadow covering most of the upper 2/3. I think I've got a bit more pink though with an especially big (thumb sized) blob in the lower left. I can still read on it, but it tires out my eyes and I'm having to read much more slowly because of the effect the shadows have.
Forgive me if I am incorrect, but I thought you were happy with your replacement. What changed for you?
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #275
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Forgive me if I am incorrect, but I thought you were happy with your replacement. What changed for you?
The replacement changed. It started out decent but it kept getting worse and worse. Now it is nearly as bad as the one it replaced. These damn things are changing over time.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #276
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Maddeningly enough, mine only become visible when the light is on--usually right at the threshold of where you need it for the given room conditions. Meaning, the only way I can get rid of them is to make my screen just a little too dim to comfortably read in a given room.
I can imagine just how frustrating that would be!
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #277
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
The replacement changed. It started out decent but it kept getting worse and worse. Now it is nearly as bad as the one it replaced. These damn things are changing over time.
Great. you guys are making me want to simply cancel my order
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #278
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Great. you guys are making me want to simply cancel my order
You have 30 days to return it, so it is really safe to give it a trial run. Many people seem to be perfectly content with their PW even though some of us are rotten luck.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #279
ultimatejimmy
Enthusiast
ultimatejimmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite (coming soon)
Just chatted with Amazon CS

I haven't received mine yet, but I thought I'd chat with Amazon CS and see what they say. I ordered mine last week and it is projected to arrive at my house on October 25. Here is our chat conversation:

Quote:
Me: I've read and seen photos with Kindle paperwhite screen discoloration. Is this issue going to be resolved when i receive mine on Oct 25 (its expected arrival date)?
Abhishek: Hello, my name is Abhishek. I will be happy to help you.
Yes, it has already been resolved.
Me: What was the issue?
Abhishek: I'm sorry James, we are not really sure about that but after receiving few contacts on that, we have fixed that and the screens are perfectly fine now.
Apparently it has "been resolved". Fingers crossed.

Last edited by ultimatejimmy; 10-10-2012 at 01:08 PM.
ultimatejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #280
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I just got tworeplacements: one WifiSO (the one that almost all reps told me was not available yesterday and the day before), and a 3G non SO. They would be great if it weren't for the color blobs. The 3G is mostly blue, the other one just blue and pink.

If only they could sell this darn thing without the light. The interface is nice and the reason why I am still debating keeping two out of the 5 I now have at home. That and the fact that I promised one as a Xmas present to someone who is impossible to shop for. I'd be screwed if I had to find something else to gift now!! I won't even try for another replacement after the last ordeal.

Very unhappy. I will play with them tonight and figure out what to do. They are not even the same brightness, WTF!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #281
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatejimmy View Post
I haven't received mine yet, but I thought I'd chat with Amazon CS and see what they say. I ordered mine last week and it is projected to arrive at my house on October 25. Here is our chat conversation:

Yeah, right, which is why the ones I received today look paperwhite and even. That's just a flat out lie.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #282
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Yeah, right, which is why the ones I received today look paperwhite and even.
Dang it, I read this first and missed the implied sarcasm. I was excited for a minute.

Sorry you got screwed again. Let us know what you decide to do.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #283
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatejimmy View Post

Don't count on it.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #284
jswinden
Nameless Being

Abhishek, now there is name you here all the time on the great North American plains! Those CS guys are so far away and so far inside a cage that they probably have never even seen the new PW in person. I bet they marginally make a bit more than those poor Chinese workers who build the PWs.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #285
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Hey people. What exactly is wrong with you? You wanted colour eink so there you have it. "Kindle rainbow-like"

Don't beat me *runs for cover*

it is a joke
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote