Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #61
Mitchi
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
Mitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enough

Device: Jetbook Lite, Droid Eris
@ski

It was cropped from a larger version that I made, which was part of the sig (it was a multi sectional one for directing people to different areas of an MMO based forum).

If I could find the original files for it I'd make one for use on other forums, to make my avatar less confusing. Novice coloring job ftl :<
Mitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #62
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
looks like you have a foxy tail for hair !!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 AM   #63
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
Oh no no it looks very nicely done. Just that I have this awesome skill of interpreting images in a totally different reference frame.
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #64
Mitchi
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
Mitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enough

@GeoffC

Foxes are awesome so I'll take that as a compliment. Also, the cat in your ava is gorgeous.

@ski

Nothing wrong with that, it's actually an interesting POV that I never thought of. Thanks for it
Old 08-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #65
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi View Post
@GeoffC

Foxes are awesome so I'll take that as a compliment. Also, the cat in your ava is gorgeous.

Thanks - she is ..... a maine coon, one of two sisters, though the other is tabby coloured ....

follow the cats in my sig line ....
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #66
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
I'm curious about how these avatars were made. Did you hire a sketch artist to draw your picture, or was it made by some computer software after supplying your picture as an input.
They were done by a real guy, if I recall correctly, not some automated process. Alex might be able to recall more, or there might still be info somewhere in the mod only sections but it's been so long, I don't remember the details.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 AM   #67
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

^ Soo..... this is a caricature of yourself. hmm. looks good

@GeoffC: I've heard cats do plenty of stupid things, and no offense but in the picture it looks like your cat either just did something very stupid or is going to.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:23 AM   #68
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Parkinson View Post
Mine is an astrolabe, a mechanical device for figuring star positions. They go back a long way (eg ancient Greece) but mine is modern. Of course we have computers to do this now if we want, but this is prettier.
I've noticed that avatar before and thought it was very interesting and nice looking. I didn't think it was modern, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
@Mitchi: Your avatar, to me looked like a girl in deep, emotional thought. Dancing never crossed my mind. Oh wait, now I see it, the blue things are headphones and the other brown things are the hands.
I thought it looked like she was crying.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #69
ski_power
Book eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I thought it looked like she was crying.
Ok, NOW it looks like crying to me too.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #70
Mitchi
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Heh. Well the tear is supposed to be makeup/facepaint so...

Again, interesting, as I never really thought about it as more that
Old 08-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #71
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi View Post
@ski

It was cropped from a larger version that I made, which was part of the sig (it was a multi sectional one for directing people to different areas of an MMO based forum).

If I could find the original files for it I'd make one for use on other forums, to make my avatar less confusing. Novice coloring job ftl :<
Very nicely done! Amazing the difference in interpretation you get between the cropped avatar and the full image. Looking at your avatar I came up with what it sounds like a lot of people did, a sad redhead. Looking at the full size one though I would have gotten the face paint or tattoo (or maybe even sweat) out of the tear drop. Is she single?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #72
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
@GeoffC: I've heard cats do plenty of stupid things, and no offense but in the picture it looks like your cat either just did something very stupid or is going to.
She is most likely hungry and wondering why she's not being fed, and having to pose for the camera !
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #73
Mitchi
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Is she single?
I haven't drawn her a boyfriend (or girlfriend) yet, does that count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
She is most likely hungry and wondering why she's not being fed, and having to pose for the camera !
Well the main hobby most cats (mine included) is practicing their contempt faces at any given moment. After all, what kind of cat would they be if they couldn't look down on everything as haughtily as possible?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #74
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Very nicely done! Amazing the difference in interpretation you get between the cropped avatar and the full image. Looking at your avatar I came up with what it sounds like a lot of people did, a sad redhead. Looking at the full size one though I would have gotten the face paint or tattoo (or maybe even sweat) out of the tear drop. Is she single?
She's definitely cute.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #75
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I started with this one, which is a picture of me with my Fanner 50 pistol with the trick swivel holster. It's not the most recent picture of me, in case anyone's wondering.

The next one I used for quite a while was this picture which I cleaned up and modified from an old Charles Atlas ad of the type that appeared in practically all the comics of the 50s and 60s.

I've used others for special occasions, but the one I'm using now was drawn by FlorenceArt. It seems to be a nice fit.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote