Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2024, 06:54 AM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Amazon Kindle books issue on Google Chrome

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so apologies if not. I always buy my Kindle ebooks through the Amazon website on Google Chrome. However, for a while now something strange has been happening. When one clicks the "Buy Now" button, it should go through to the payment verification page, which should then go through to the "Thank you" page that confirms your purchase, with various other download options.

Yet on my Chrome browser, when I click the "Buy Now" button, instead of this happening, I get a blank page with the address bar as shown in the attached image.

It only happens on my Google Chrome browser. On Safari, it does everything as it should. I don't know what I can do to sort this out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 10.58.17.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	206926  

Last edited by Waylander; 03-16-2024 at 07:00 AM.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 10:05 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Chrome is Google spyware anyway. Likely it's a setting.
Chromium and Firefox work.
Even ancient Waterfox Classic works.

As Safari works, the problem is a Google Chrome setting or plug-in.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2024, 10:16 AM   #3
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
It's likely one of your extension is causing problem.
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 12:30 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
No such issue with Chrome here.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 02:45 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Chrome is Google spyware anyway. Likely it's a setting.
Chromium and Firefox work.
Even ancient Waterfox Classic works.

As Safari works, the problem is a Google Chrome setting or plug-in.
I agree that it is probably a setting. Tracking it down might be tricky since amazon frequently tests web updates on subsets of customers without notification.

chromium also sends information to google. I use a chromium fork that has those sections of code removed or blocked from execution. When I enable to setting "to always ask" where to store downloads, "download for transfer over USB" fails even though a "success" message is displayed and no dialog appears to chooose a download. If I change the setting to automatically save D&T works. Until some months or maybe a yyear ago the "always ask" worked fine.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2024, 03:38 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I agree that it is probably a setting. Tracking it down might be tricky since amazon frequently tests web updates on subsets of customers without notification.

chromium also sends information to google. I use a chromium fork that has those sections of code removed or blocked from execution. .
Ah, yes, the DeGoogled Chromium.

I only use Chromium for Gmail and Google Translate, otherwise Firefox.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 08:04 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so apologies if not. I always buy my Kindle ebooks through the Amazon website on Google Chrome. However, for a while now something strange has been happening. When one clicks the "Buy Now" button, it should go through to the payment verification page, which should then go through to the "Thank you" page that confirms your purchase, with various other download options.

Yet on my Chrome browser, when I click the "Buy Now" button, instead of this happening, I get a blank page with the address bar as shown in the attached image.

It only happens on my Google Chrome browser. On Safari, it does everything as it should. I don't know what I can do to sort this out.
Create a new profile with default settings and no plugins and see if that works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote