Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
peejayw
Enthusiast
peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Clara
Battery failing?

Twice now during the last week my Clara has not woken when I open the cover, I had to hold in the power button to get it to start. On both occasions it reported the battery was les than 3% even though the night before the battery was above 80%. Normally the battery lasts a week or two depending on how much use it is getting.
After charging up the first time it lasted for 3 days and the battery only dropped slightly until this morning when it had dropped to approx 3% again. Both wifi and lighting were turned off.
Is this a sign my battery is going bad and if so is it user replaceable?
Thanks.
peejayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #2
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
When I purchased the Aura One, there was an issue with the sleep cover making the device constantly going on and off, no surprise there was no battery left when I went to read at night. I would suggest to look for the cover first.

Otherwise, my battery started failing last winter, it stayed good for ~3 years.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #3
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
I had an after-market sleep cover that drained my Clara's battery. I think it had a magnet in a bad place.

Anyway, remove the cover for a few days and see if the problem goes away.
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:59 AM   #4
peejayw
Enthusiast
peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Clara
OK, I have had that sleep cover on since new with no problems but will remove it and see what happens.
peejayw is offline   Reply With Quote