Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
denakitan
denakitan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo Annotations Sync Doesn't Work - Android/Desktop

Hi,

I'm facing issues with the Kobo App on Android (smartphone and tablet) and on a Windows machine. The highlights I make on any of these devices doesn't show up on the others. Basically, there's no annotations sync at all.

What I do is: let's say I make a highlight on a book on my smartphone. Then I go back to the app home and select the sync option. After this, I go to the other 2 devices and also select the sync option. But it does not work. None of these 2 devices "see" the highlight I made on my smartphone. The behavior is the same whatever is the device I used to create the highlight in the first place; the other devices don't "see" it.

Has someone faced the same issue? Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks,
Dennis
denakitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Something has changed in the last few months. There was a discussion on this last year in the Kobo forum. At that time, annotations would sync between the e-ink device, the iOS and Android apps and the desktop. There were some timing issues based around when the different apps did their syncs, but it worked. Trying just now, there is no bookmark sync be the apps. And there doesn't seem to be bookmark syncing between the e-ink devices.

The earlier discussion is in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=256685 and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...62#post3056862.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, kobo app, windows