Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
350/650 footnotes -- solved

Okay ... you're on page 157 and you want to know what that footnote number 12 says, so you tap the 12, to discover it cites some scholarly work, and now you want to return to where you were. Tap on the 12 at the start of the footnote, and you go directly back to page 157. You do not have to return by clicking options, and then last page, history, etc.!

I discovered this completely by accident a few minutes ago: "Hmmm ... the 12 looks highlighted, what happens if I try tapping it? Oh my - I'm back to the (main text of the) book again!"
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
good to know, thanks!

So I wonder if something like this can also work when you go from a link in the table of contents to a chapter and want to immediately return to the table of contents...
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooker View Post
good to know, thanks!

So I wonder if something like this can also work when you go from a link in the table of contents to a chapter and want to immediately return to the table of contents...
I click Options, Return to List.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
good to know, thanks!

No, because there's nothing to direct-click back from (or "with" if you prefer).
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
good to know, thanks!

This doesn't work for the TOC that is in the sub-menu of the ebook (Options>Go To>TOC). It will only work if the ebook has a linking TOC that is part of the ebook itself at the beginning of the books text.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Okay ... you're on page 157 and you want to know what that footnote number 12 says, so you tap the 12, to discover it cites some scholarly work, and now you want to return to where you were. Tap on the 12 at the start of the footnote, and you go directly back to page 157. You do not have to return by clicking options, and then last page, history, etc.!

I discovered this completely by accident a few minutes ago: "Hmmm ... the 12 looks highlighted, what happens if I try tapping it? Oh my - I'm back to the (main text of the) book again!"
This is not a feature of the PRS, but of the ebook you are reading--whoever made it was kind enough to put in the reverse links. Not all ebooks are so well made.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote