Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2022, 06:06 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I noticed lately their article titles are misleading and false. Annoys the crap out of me. Like the one that suggests they know how well the note taking on the scribe is yet never touched an actual model.

There is NOTHING on the internet or amazon.com to suggest a new Oasis. I hope for one. I hope for 64GB
64GB is way too much storage for a Kindle. Given how easy it is for an eBook to get stuck indexing and the very poor eBook management, less storage is better. And any new Kindle will not be able to be jailbroken so forget running KOReader.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-03-2022 at 06:08 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:12 PM   #92
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sign up for Tor's free eBooks. Tor does gie away some good ones. Granted, they are mostly the first book in a series.
Not available in my country. I looked it up when they started to give away free books. I'm not going to bother with VPN and such for one free book per month.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2022, 06:12 PM   #93
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
If you can, return your Finte case. If you can't return it, throw it away. Finte is garbage.
Before heeding any advice, consider the source...
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:16 PM   #94
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus
Quote:
If you can, return your Finte case. If you can't return it, throw it away. Finte is garbage. They wear out long before they are supposed to. I am not the only one to have a Finte case wear out long before it's time.

kwmobile makes good cases that do last. My kwmobile case is still going strong after about 5 years of heavy use.
My Fintie case is 3 years and 2 weeks old today. Daily use and in 93-95% condition. I've used this same Fintie model case on each Kindle for going on a decade. I guess that's 3 different ones. Never had a problem with any. Much better than the book style side opening origami case for my Kobo. That won't sit level no matter what you do. Always sits crooked. Hate book style side opening cases.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:47 PM   #95
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
In my opinion the one single best thing Amazon should do to revamp the Oasis line would be to make the screen on par with that of the Voyage. Overall I prefer reading on my Oasis due to the form factor and the physical buttons, but I really miss the contrast and clarity of the Voyage screen, especially under natural light.
Quote:
I disagree. The best thing Amazon could do is allow user defined margins and line height.
That would not be specific to the Oasis and is not the biggest problem with the Oasis or any other kindle.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2022, 11:46 AM   #96
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
If you can, return your Finte case. If you can't return it, throw it away. Finte is garbage. They wear out long before they are supposed to. I am not the only one to have a Finte case wear out long before it's time.

kwmobile makes good cases that do last. My kwmobile case is still going strong after about 5 years of heavy use.

I have KWMobile cases for all my kobos and Fintie cases for my kindles. Both makes are very good.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 01:14 PM   #97
jospalau
Connoisseur
jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jospalau could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have KWMobile cases for all my kobos and Fintie cases for my kindles. Both makes are very good.
Me too after seeing your comments about it few months ago. They are comfortable and resilient

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 03:34 PM   #98
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Counterpoint: I got a KWMobile origami case for the Kindle recently and while it looked nicer than any other Kindle origami case (which is not saying much), it had no magnets in it, so it wouldn’t actually work. I was floored by how idiotic the designer was. Junk
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:00 PM   #99
Aleron Ives
Addict
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Was it advertised as having magnets? If so, you ought to return it, as it's clearly faulty.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 12:30 PM   #100
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just following up on this thread. Has anyone heard anything lately on the possibility of a new Oasis soon?
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 12:41 PM   #101
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW3, PW4, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyyz View Post
Just following up on this thread. Has anyone heard anything lately on the possibility of a new Oasis soon?
No, not yet. I highly doubt we will get something this year.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 12:45 PM   #102
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Was it advertised as having magnets? If so, you ought to return it, as it's clearly faulty.
One friend of mine purchased a KWMobile origami case which was advertised as a sleepcover which would suggest it has a magnet to trigger the Hall effect switch. Sadly, it didn't work and we could locate no magnets in the sleep sensor area though the magnets for the cover were present. They requested a return and replacement and the new cover had a magnet for the sleep sensor. This was a cover for a Kobo Libra 2 but I'd assume the same manufacturing glitches could occur in any model.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 03:50 PM   #103
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
From what I've heard, the Kindle Oasis 3 apparently changed something about the magnets that made many old 3rd party cases stop working or stop working correctly.
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:38 PM   #104
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
GoodEreader is sticking with the 'leak' of the Oasis 4.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:52 PM   #105
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
GoodEreader is sticking with the 'leak' of the Oasis 4.
How many years did they stick with the leak of the Voyage 2?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote