Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
susall
susall began at the beginning.

How to set margins?

When I create a book using an RTF file in BookDesigner the output is fine, except for two things: (1) I need to be able to set a proper margin on each side, and (2) I prefer justified text.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Codes would make me happy!
susall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
SoCal Bob
Connoisseur
SoCal Bob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iLiad, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by susall
When I create a book using an RTF file in BookDesigner the output is fine, except for two things: (1) I need to be able to set a proper margin on each side, and (2) I prefer justified text.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Codes would make me happy!
I like justified text was well and format all text accordingly using Word.

Since the Connect software repaginates RTF documents, I do not believe it is possible to create margins in RTF. You can set margins and control all other aspects of page layout, including graphics, by creating a PDF file. To render acceptable documents you must print the PDF files in “Sony Reader” page size. You can find tips on formatting and printing PDF files elsewhere in this section.
SoCal Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think someone found that you could set margins in RTF if you set them on the paragraph level, rather than in the page set up. I haven't tried it though.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
svr
svr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
For justified text in the RTF format, I have set the normal tag style in Word as justified. Any ouput that I generate as RTF outputs the text as justified in all the files I have been converting.
svr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
When I prepare an RTF file for the Reader in MS Word, I simply select all and then click on the full justification icon. It shows up fully justified (paragraph text lines up straight and flush on both the left and right margins) on the Reader as expected.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
susall
susall began at the beginning.

I was selecting all text and hitting the Justified text toolbar button in Word. Perhaps my mistake was in not doing that in a document first and then saving later as an RTF. I was working with the RTF file in Word. I think that may be it. I'll try it.

Thanks, everyone!
susall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I think someone found that you could set margins in RTF if you set them on the paragraph level, rather than in the page set up. I haven't tried it though.
Yes, that works fine.

Regards,

Harry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote