Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
WayneD
Enthusiast
WayneD began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone + PRS-505
0.6.0b1 build help

I updated my bzr checkout of calibre today, and noticed that the 0.6.0 branch has been merged into the trunk. When attempting to build it via "python setup.py build", I get some errors for the various gui2/wizard/*.ui files that reference QWizardPage:

Code:
PyQt4.uic.exceptions.NoSuchWidgetError: Unknown Qt widget: QWizardPage
It appears that my Ubuntu setup has the QWizardPage files (e.g. /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/QWizardPage), so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Python support? I substituted QWidget for QWizardPage in the various affected *.ui files, and then it built fine and I'm able to run calibre (e.g. the initial first-run wizards worked, and I converted a book).

Any hints on what I'm missing? (Besides PoDoFo, which doesn't appear to be packaged for Ubuntu, but which doesn't appear to matter since I'm not fiddling with PDF files.)
WayneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Waah! I can't wait to get home and download...
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to upgrade to a recent snapshot of PyQt 4.5 or manually add QWizardPage to _qwidgets in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/Compiler/qtproxies.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
WayneD
Enthusiast
WayneD began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone + PRS-505
Much appreciated! The easiest short-term fix (for me) was manually adding the QWizardPage string (though the file is named /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PyQt4/uic/Compiler/qtproxies.py -- note the "dist-packages" -- on my system).

I'm enjoying the new conversion setup. So far, everything's been working nicely.
WayneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
How long til there is a actually a compiled/packaged beta build available for download? I can build the beta, but that's in a Linux VM, my main environment with my library is OS X.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Should be by the end of the week, providing no major bugs are exposed in my testing
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote