Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Cath
Enthusiast
Cath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014
Only transferring 50 books?

Hi all,

I'm new to the PRS-505, new to Calibre, and new to the forum So I hope I'm not asking something that's been asked repeatedly before (I did do a quick search but couldn't find anything).

I've installed Calibre, and added all my eBooks to the library, and then tried to add them to my new PRS-505. The odd thing is that only 50 of my 89 books are transferred. All 89 show up in the Reader tab in Calibre, but when I disconnect the reader there are only 50 books on it.

I'm not sure if this is a numerical limit, or if it just happens that it's only happy with 50 of my books - I tried deleting one, then sending one that it hadn't transferred to the device, but again it showed up in the tab as if it had transferred, and when I unplugged the reader it wasn't there. I don't think it's a format issue, because I have books that were all originally .prc, all were converted to ePub, and then only some appear on the reader. There's still over 100Mb free on the reader's internal memory, so it's not as though it's run out of space.

Does anyone have any ideas? It doesn't seem to matter whether I "safely remove" the reader or not (although if I do a safe remove, I get a bunch of errors about rundll). I haven't installed the Sony software, as Calibre just seems so much better.
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Cath
Enthusiast
Cath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014
I did a bit more investigating, and it turns out that all the books are being transferred; but the ePubs aren't showing up in the eReader list (even though they are there in the internal memory).

So sorry, it's got nothing to do with Calibre (I tried to delete the thread, but couldn't find a "delete" option - mods, please feel free to remove this thread!). I guess my eReader didn't come with the firmware upgrade that enabled to read ePubs; I'll have to go and install it.
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
dur really need to read the entire post before I reply.

Last edited by Riocaz; 03-09-2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote