Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Sony eBook Store

Question: If I download the eBook Library software to a computer (say, my work computer that is replaced every three years), log in as myself and make a purchase, will it show up for download when I open up the library on my computer at home? (Assuming connection to the internet, of course.)

I'm wondering if I can browse and purchase from here, and then have it show up and download it from home, without having to connect and register my Reader to this computer. I don't want to have to mess with registering and unregistering every three years when I get a new computer, especially when I'm already all hooked up at home.

Thanks!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Question: If I download the eBook Library software to a computer (say, my work computer that is replaced every three years), log in as myself and make a purchase, will it show up for download when I open up the library on my computer at home? (Assuming connection to the internet, of course.)
Yes... assuming you login/register to the same account.

Also, make sure when you get a new computer you de-register the current one from your Sony account.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
So it still requires me to register my computer? That's kind of what I'm trying to avoid so that I don't have to worry about keeping that up-to-date. I was hoping that if I logged in without installing the device driver, I wouldn't have to register it.

However, I see why it would have to, since there is the option of reading the book on the computer itself and they want to limit the number of devices that you can do that on. I should have realized that on my own.

sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
So it still requires me to register my computer? That's kind of what I'm trying to avoid so that I don't have to worry about keeping that up-to-date. I was hoping that if I logged in without installing the device driver, I wouldn't have to register it.
Yes, I don't think you can login without registering the current PC. I don't think de-registering the PC once every few years is really that hard.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:17 AM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, I don't think you can login without registering the current PC. I don't think de-registering the PC once every few years is really that hard.

BOb
Its not as long as you do it from the machine itself.

Otherwise you'll have to email CS about it, and while they're prompt, it does require a little more time and effort.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert