Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
AZW3 format books not showing on Kindle Touch

I just got a Kindle Touch from eBay, so I figured I'd send one of my small libraries to it so I'd have something to play with. Seemed like some of the books didn't transfer. I looked a little bit more, and Calibre (v 0.9.3) showed a check mark in the On Device column, and in the Device view, they are showing as present... but they're not showing in the Home page(s) and they are still showing in the Archived Items at Amazon. That's when I found that the "missing" books were AZW3 format. I disconnected, reconnected, and restarted the Kindle. THEN, I looked in the document folder using Explorer, and the files were there. They are still not recognized by the Kindle though. All the files seem to be in what looks to my n00b eyes as a weird structure...

both of my KKeyboards have documents/LastName, FirstName/SortTitle, LastName, FirstName.Ext (all book files)

The KTouch has documents/LastName, FirstName/SortTitle, LastName, FirstName.ContentFile and a folder SortTitle, LastName, FirstName.sdr containing SortTitle, LastName, FirstName.APNX

I created the library as an empty library, and used my KindlePC files as a source. Is there something flakey about the library, or is there something strange about the way the Touch processes the files? Even so, why did everything ELSE show but the AZW3 format books?

This is too weird for me. help?
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your Touch likely does not have updated firmware with support for azw3. Update its firmware or convert the files to mobi.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Kovid, you have an answer for everything, don't you? :-D I say that with a healthy dose of sarcasm to even out the admiration! It was on revision 5.0.4. and current is 5.1.2. I thought that Amazon pushed updates out automatically, or would the previous owner doing a factory reset cause the firmware to reset, too?

Thanks as always for your help!
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote