Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #526
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbrat View Post
Unfortunately, I'm on 2.8.1b.. Does anyone maybe accidentally have the old 2.8.1 firmware on his computer? Thanks in advance!
Hi I've got the old FW 2.8.1... how can I can give it to you (83 Mo) ? By mail with dropbox? I can try... sned me message with your email !
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #527
bartbrat
bartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi I've got the old FW 2.8.1... how can I can give it to you (83 Mo) ? By mail with dropbox? I can try... sned me message with your email !
Thank you so much! I've send you a PM!
bartbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #528
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Ok, look at you email, I've sent it !
Old 10-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #529
bartbrat
bartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to beholdbartbrat is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Luckily, user Akorx was kind enough to share the original 2.8.1 version. It works great, you can easily downgrade. So thank you Akorx!

EDIT:
Apparently it's not allowed to give links to Kobo firmware. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of this; I removed it.

Last edited by bartbrat; 10-06-2013 at 01:32 PM.
bartbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #530
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
[QUOTE=bartbrat;2646524]Luckily, user Akorx was kind enough to share the original 2.8.1 version. It works great, you can easily downgrade. So thank you Akorx!

I uploaded it for the people who would also like to use the Kobo Patcher. QUOTE]

Actually you cant actually post that here. Its against forum rules to post copyrighted links to the Kobo Firmware that is not supplied by kobo.

regards

JAck

Last edited by jackastor; 10-06-2013 at 02:29 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #531
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Actually you cant actually post that here. Its against forum rules to post copyrighted links to the Kobo Firmware that is not supplied by kobo.

regards

JAck
Gosh, is possible to copyright a link these days?

jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #532
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Gosh, is possible to copyright a link these days?
It's certainly possible to copyright software, which includes that firmware. While I agree that Kobo should keep 2.8.1a available somewhere, that's their decision to make...not ours.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #533
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Changes to the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware list

I've cleaned up the direct links post (first in this thread).

The first post now contains the links from 2013. Previous links have been moved to the second post.

The previous contents of the second post have been inserted into the third post.

I've also removed the links to the 'a' versions of 2.6.1 and 2.8.1, as they now point to the b versions of the firmware.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #534
akorx
Addict

No problem bartbrat ! you will pay me a bier !!!

The next step for me : find a way, no , wait for patch to use and delete easily bookmarks with menu when we use the main memory (this is an add-on brought by FW 2.8.1). Developers : you have job !
Old 10-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #535
Liriel
Connoisseur
Liriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: BOL Oyo, Kobo Glo 8GB
has someone the problem with kobo 2.8.1b for kobo glo and cbr/cbz comic books?

or has someone the link to 2.8.1?

edit:
2.8.1b has a error that ebook in format cbr/cbz are not open can

Last edited by Liriel; 10-09-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #536
ekp77
ekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch (N905C)
Which FW for Kobo Touch (N905C) ?

Hello, since three weeks I own a new Kobo Touch (Model N905C). Looking for the newest firmware I've encountered this forum and excellent thread.

However, as a newbie I'm a little bit confused. Looking at the first post, does it mean that I can choose between 2.6.2 and 2.8.1b ?

If not, which is the the right one?
If yes, which one do you recommend?
ekp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #537
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Stick to the f/w that has been officially released for your device; ie whatever you get via either a WiFi or Kobo Desktop USB sync.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #538
ekp77
ekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to beholdekp77 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch (N905C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Stick to the f/w that has been officially released for your device; ie whatever you get via either a WiFi or Kobo Desktop USB sync.
Thanks for the well-meaning advice. But what if I still want to go for an alternative version?
ekp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #539
TomChiverton
TomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekp77 View Post
Thanks for the well-meaning advice. But what if I still want to go for an alternative version?
The latest one is already on your device if you sync'd recently.

Tom
TomChiverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #540
akorx
Addict

Hi guys !

Nothing about new firmwares ?

Last edited by akorx; 10-23-2013 at 02:54 PM.