Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you. Not quite a fan of their books (or their genre for that matter), but I grabbed Bomber's Moon, which appears to be a time-travel, alternate-world MM romance.
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Thanks Mindwarp and Blossom I picked up a retro romance too
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Any good romantic suspense (heavy on suspense) anyone recommends?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I can't vouch for this series yet, but I did like the premise and sample enough to buy the most recent volume as a pre-order to try with the extra discount during a recent 30% off coupon sale. It's bound to tilted more towards suspenseful because it follows the same sleuth around rather than playing musical couples: Kate Bart Mysteries by Rosemary Goodwin

But it's under the $5.50 max, so you may prefer to maximize your freebie-acquisition and I can definitely vouch for the two following series which we've gotten the 1st of free recently, which have the 2nd volume priced at $5.50:

Secret McQueen series by Canadian Sierra Dean. I really liked this urban fantasy w/paranormal romance elements quite a lot; enough that I've bought the entire series via the discount coupons direct from Samhain over the past couple of months and have read them all and have the newest upcoming volume on my wishlist.

It's a fairly fun, not too serious action/adventure thing which openly acknowledges that the main character (a part-werewolf bounty hunter for the vampires) is kind of Mary Sue-ish and absurdly "special" to begin with and increasingly over-powered/gets to a ridiculous status within a very short time.

Some relationship drama as she ends up accumulating a bunch of mates/other prospective interested boyfriends, but neither it nor the sex scenes dominate the plot, and the relationships are very much a work-in-progress and they argue over very real respect and boundaries/comfort zone issues and not just contrived nonsense so that they can kiss and make up a lot.

The action/suspense w/minor whodunnit adventures are also quite decent and play out fairy well, IMHO. They're very self-referential, so you do need to read the series in order, including the tie-in novellas (don't need to read the #0.5 prequel Secret Guide to Dating Monsters until after the 2nd, IIRC, but do need to read it before #2.5 Secret Santa and the 3rd book), which contain important developments which are picked up in the main series plots.

Another good prospect if you'd be willing to do historical romantic suspense is Lynne Connolly's Richard and Rose series set in 1700s England, with the couple having whodunnit-solving adventures for the entire series. I read this earlier this month and like it enough that I'm willing to go pick up more in the series when Samhain has another discount coupon offer.

Somewhat more overtly shippy than the Secret McQueen series, and the prospective couple had this decided tendency not to be able to keep their hands off each other despite what should have been a number of factors that would inhibit public displays of affection in people who weren't incipient co-dependent sex addicts, but still plenty of time devoting to solving the whodunnit.

As for me, I need to go through the wishlist/category listings to decide if I want to pick up for free something I'd probably buy-to-try on sale anyway, or use it on indulging my curiosity on something much more marginal but still of interest.

Many thanks to the OP for sharing!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Bah, they're based in Ohio, I have to pay $.36 sales tax!

I'll figure out something to buy, thanks for the link.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Yeah J.L. Saint who we know as romance author Jennifer St Giles has military suspense series. Not sure if it's Erotica or Romance but it looks good so I've grabbed them as they came out because I'm familiar with her writing as a romance author.

Misty Evans is another romance suspense series Super Agent I remember hearing about. Again not sure if it's Erotica or Romance or somewhere in between. and Sharon Cullen is another suspense writer.

I just saw Devlin Group series by Shannon Stacey looks to be suspense too.

For those who are looking for more romance. There is Pamela Britton who also writes for Harlequin. She has her Extreme racing series and let me tell you it is good! I never laughed so much, found it full of action and plenty of racing.

Lauren Dane's Chase series is really good. It's romance not Erotica like her other books. I've read them all. If you like Small town romances you will like this series.

If you like Modern Western The Cowboy Plan by Denise Belinda McDonald was really good. It's about Country music star and a photographer. Love it!

Erin Nicholas is also a another author I've heard much about. So is Shannon Stacey.

Another title I picked up last night that was reviewed on Dear Author was Tamara Morgan's Love is a Battlefield. I've had it on my wishlist for awhile.

I really wish there was a way to filter out some titles at least the multiple partners stories no interests in reading those. So yeah you got wade through alot but the Romance Retro is safe and the titles mention above.

If I think of anymore I will add to this post.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-26-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #22
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Thank you! I grabbed Dogfighters by Alex Beecroft.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Thanks to you both for the recommendations (except, now, instead of nothing to choose from, I have too many).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks to you both for the recommendations (except, now, instead of nothing to choose from, I have too many).
Isn't that always how it is. I wound up buying two more Samhain titles after the freebie and adding a few to my wishlist.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #25
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
They have a Kaje Harper I haven't seen before! Probably because it's new... and it's now mine!
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #26
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks for this. Grabbed Forest of Shadows.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #27
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Thank you. I used the code to buy Harper Fox's Scrap Metal for free.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #28
hillncharge
hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, Color Nook, Nook Tablet
Thank you
hillncharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #29
ampohjal
ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ampohjal , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Keyboard
New here! But have used all your great advices for many many months... I grabbed A Table for Three by Lainey Reese. Hard to pick because I have so many on my wishlist!
ampohjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #30
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampohjal View Post
New here! But have used all your great advices for many many months... I grabbed A Table for Three by Lainey Reese. Hard to pick because I have so many on my wishlist!
Welcome to MR!
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discount, samhain