Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
HBO Go!

Now available to Kindle Fire owners. The app is free in the Kindle store. Your internet provider must be on the list, and also you have to get HBO. I finally figured out how to get it going. I'm watching a movie...lots of buffering, which I have not experienced with other streaming services on the Fire. But I like it b/c I want to watch on my schedule, not theirs!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yeah, heard about it. Sadly don't subscribe to HBO anymore, so can't check it out.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
HBO has nothing worth watching.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just resubscribed to HBO for True Blood. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Unfortunately this version doesn't seem to have my cable company as a subscriber option.

Last edited by carld; 06-07-2012 at 08:28 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Yeah, not anymore. I haven't watched anything on HBO in a good long while.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Totally agree.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
HBO is bundled in with whatever it is we have....otherwise I'd have cancelled it since I never watched it. It's nice to have the option to do so on my Fire, now.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I watched The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency pilot episoode on my Fire at 3:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep. Charming! I'm going to like having HBO GO, I think. It runs very well on my Fire.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
I agree.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I love Bill Mahr and True Blood, and am looking forward to Newsroom later this month. HBO Go makes my Fire the perfect tablet. I was still carrying around a Tab, just for HBO Go. Not anymore!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So... I chatted online with Time Warner about them not being a subscriber option for HBO Go.

Me: I'm using the HBO Go app on my Kindle Fire, but TW isn't a subscriber option. Are there any plans to fix this?

TW: Use a different browser.

Me: I'm not using a browser. I'm using the HBO Go Android App.

TW: Please use a different browser.

Me: !@#$!!!! I'M NOT USING A BROWSER!!

TW: Let me transfer you to another support person.

New TW Guy: How can I help you?

Me: I'm using the HBO Go app on my Kindle Fire, but TW isn't a subscriber option. Are there any plans to fix this?

New TW Guy: That App isn't available for the Kindle Fire.

Me: *sigh* Actually it is. TW just isn't available as a subscriber option.

New TW Guy: I don't have any information on that.

He did finally say that TW support for HBO Go on the Kindle Fire was likely in the future, so that's something.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Tech support people hardly know a thing. It's just prompts. I think they haven't been trained to help KF owners yet.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
So... I chatted online with Time Warner about them not being a subscriber option for HBO Go.

TW: Use a different browser.

Me: I'm not using a browser. I'm using the HBO Go Android App.

TW: Please use a different browser.

Me: !@#$!!!! I'M NOT USING A BROWSER!!

TW: Let me transfer you to another support person.

New TW Guy: How can I help you?

New TW Guy: That App isn't available for the Kindle Fire.

Me: *sigh* Actually it is. TW just isn't available as a subscriber option.

New TW Guy: I don't have any information on that.

He did finally say that TW support for HBO Go on the Kindle Fire was likely in the future, so that's something.

The final kick in the butt is that HBO and Time Warner are both owned by the same parent company!
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #14
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Tech support people hardly know a thing. It's just prompts. I think they haven't been trained to help KF owners yet.
"Uh, let me get my supervisor... *hey, Phil, what's a Kindle Fire? It's a what? You sure? It's not in the script. Uh, OK.* I'm going to have to transfer you to our level 2 support. Hold please. *I hate this script... *"
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Agreed. Except for Boardwalk Empire. Wish that was available on regular cable.

Carol

Last edited by sadievan; 06-19-2012 at 10:11 AM.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote