Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 07:18 AM   #1
icecream
icecream began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2n edition
Question Hi - which version of the Iliad to buy, and need German distributor

Hej,

just joined this forum as I am about to buy an Iliad.

I see that a new version is out, but it seems not too easy to get this V2 in Germany.

So my question is:
Should I absolutely go for the new version 2 Iliad, or might it also be useful to get a V1 Iliad?

Do you know any German distributors apart from
www.libri.de
www.justread.de

Regards
Icecream
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you buy an iLiad now, it will be a v2. There's very little difference between the v1 and v2 - the v2 has a slightly larger battery. As far as functionality goes, the old and new machines are identical.

Our regular contributor here, "Tribble", is an official distributor for the iLiad in Germany; he is, I think, based in Bonn.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
icecream

Thumbs up

Thanks,

I was wondering if maybe the V2 was less vulnerable than V1.

Seems that www.libri.de is however still selling V1, but you a 100 EUR bonus for e-books
if you shop at them.

www.justread.de on the other hand has the V2 in stock, and I guess I also want the "Executive Cover" and maybe even the Aqua-pac. I would bet that tribble is then affiliated with justread.de

Regards
icecream
Old 12-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't believe there's any different in their vulnerability.

To be honest, I wouldn't bother with the cover. The iLiad comes as standard with a fabric case with a tough insert which protects the screen very well. I bought the leather case for my iLiad and I've never used it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
icecream

Wink Ordered it right now

Ok, good to hear that the Iliad is not that fragile as some on the net say it is.

But anyway, I have now ordered from justread, and hope to see my Iliad by the end of the week.

Well, I ordered the leather case with it - but if the Iliad is as nice as it looks on the web, then I will survive this loss of money

Thanks for your info, and I bet I'll be back in the Iliad forums once my new toy has arrived.

/icecream
Advert
Old 12-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Hehe, welcome to the forum icecream.
Your iLiad will find your way to you very soon
Thanks for ordering at justread.de

And going for the V2 is the right choice. Not much has changed, but the bigger battery alone is worth it, and i feel, like the screen quality has become better with the V2. But thats just me comparing my old V1 with a newer V2.

And i think the V2 is less vulnerable, because the casing seems more stable. And this prevents torque. So your screen should be better protected against that.

Oh, and please be careful with your screen, because one gets too careless very quickly, because it sooo much feels like a regular book or notepad.

Last edited by tribble; 12-03-2007 at 06:11 PM.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote