Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #16
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
I downloaded Quickoffice Pro yesterday when it was free. I got my Fire today and there was a version of Quickoffice pre-installed. Even though I've downloaded and installed Quickoffice Pro on my Fire there doesn't appear to be any way to delete the pre-installed version.

Anybody know how to do this? Even "updating" the pre-installed version just takes me to the Amazon App Store for Quickoffice Pro which is already installed.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #17
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
I downloaded Quickoffice Pro yesterday when it was free. I got my Fire today and there was a version of Quickoffice pre-installed. Even though I've downloaded and installed Quickoffice Pro on my Fire there doesn't appear to be any way to delete the pre-installed version.

Anybody know how to do this? Even "updating" the pre-installed version just takes me to the Amazon App Store for Quickoffice Pro which is already installed.
Yeah, was wondering the same thing. It appears the core apps loaded with the Fire (i.e. Shop, Audible, Pulse, IMDB, etc) cannot be removed, or at least not by normal means through the Fire UI.
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
OK Thanks. So if you wanted to download it to your computer to backup could you?

Carol
I really don't know; sorry.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I like to backup previous version before upgrading in case the new version is unstable. To do that you can use ES File Manager or Astro File Manager. I use ES File Manager. You use the app manager option to back up the app into an apk which is like a exe setup file. You can store the apk files on your PC or something like Dropbox.
To me, apps are toys. I only get the free ones and will never buy an app. I never bother with backups. If an app proves to be unstable, I'll stop using it until it's fixed. In the meantime, I'll just find another free one to replace it.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post

That's what Apple does too. They pre-install apps on their devices and from what I could tell, there's no way to remove them. In the end, I moved the ones I didn't want into a folder and buried it on the last page.
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #21
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's what Apple does too. They pre-install apps on their devices and from what I could tell, there's no way to remove them. In the end, I moved the ones I didn't want into a folder and buried it on the last page.
I have an iPhone and that's what I did too.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I have an iPhone and that's what I did too.

Carol
LOL

BTW, I labled that folder - Spam
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #23
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
LOL

BTW, I labled that folder - Spam
That's a good one.

Actually I don't have a folder, just moved it to the last page. There was only one app I didn't want. Game Center. It's on the last page all by it's lonesome.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote