Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Car Charger for DR800

Has anyone found a car charger that works for the DR800?

I have an older car that only has the cigarette lighter socket available for this.

TIA for any help.
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:47 AM   #2
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
I suppose you can get any adapter that gets USB output ( like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Ligh.../dp/B000CC6I5W ) and stick a microUSB cable in it to charge the reader.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
I would go down the lines of getting an external battery pack that does usb but itself can be charged through the car charger. The voltage would be much smoother out of the battery pack and there would be much less likely hood of damaging the charging circuit of the DR800. It would be less expensive to replace the external pack than to replace the circuit board of the 800.

And you can carry the pack around with you if you want or leave it in the car.
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
I suppose you can get any adapter that gets USB output
The problem is that, as we've seen on here before, many adapters that claim USB output don't really follow the spec very closely. You'd want to make sure that the power it's putting out (primarily the 5V) is actually what it is supposed to be.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote