Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
Aldiko question

In aldiko, the screen is suddenly darker, too dark to read. Not the day/night setting. Does anyone know what I did and how to fix that? I can use the kobo app, but the inability to stop screen rotation is making me more nuts that I already am!
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
You can adjust brightness in the setting by going to the home button, selecting settings and then brightness. I suspect yours may be set on "Automatic" which can make it change without your input...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Just put the brightness higher.
In aldiko -> Menu button -> Settings -> Brightness.
Aldiko use it's own brightness and not the one of the vox.

I also use Brightness Rocker Lite to control the brightness of the vox faster.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
ourrealm
ourrealm began at the beginning.

Device: acer iconia
msxman question re aldiko dimming

This is now about 7 months old... I cannot resist replying since I did the same thing yesterday. I believe that you triggered a dimming of the application by sliding a finger or gripping and sliding downwards along the left side of your reading screen. To reverse the dimming -- grip against the screen on the left side bottom and slide your thumb upward from bottom to top. This will brighten Aldiko back to comply with your other screen settings.
ourrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
I wish you could lock the brightness in aldiko. This is the only thing that really annoys me about this app. I'm always inadvertently changing the brightness when I go to brush some dust off the screen.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
First of all, you need to have automatic brightness turned off. I also have it turned off in the system settings because it's so annoying, fluctuating all the time depending how you turn the tablet. Frankly, I've had brightness change least of all in Aldiko compared to Overdrive or the native Kobo reader app. But reading ourrealm's post above, I now see why it would sometimes change when I inadvertently touched the screen. That's a neat way to adjust the brightness in one step. When I'm reading as dusk approaches, I have to step down the brightness several times before switching to night mode.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
this is a great thing in Aldiko, I came across this by accident a couple of days ago, makes it very easy going from a sunny room to a dull room
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldiko, darkening, dim screen, kobo vox