Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question 2 silly ??: Deletions and last read page

Hey,

Here's my two silly questions. I have started to read more on my PEZ...but can't seem to do either of the following (I can do these on both Kindle 3 and the EBookWise, so this is frustrating):

1. Delete files from the device (can it be done, if so how?)

2. After shutting down device...reopen onto the last page read (even when I bookmark, I have to go the all the folders open the file...and then it remembers). Maybe I am spoiled but by other devices open right on the last page...no hunting.....

So please, if either of these functions can be performed on the PEZ, I would greatly appreciate the instructions to do so...

If these have been answered in the past, I apologize....but please redirect if needed....

spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
Hey,

Here's my two silly questions. I have started to read more on my PEZ...but can't seem to do either of the following (I can do these on both Kindle 3 and the EBookWise, so this is frustrating):

1. Delete files from the device (can it be done, if so how?)

2. After shutting down device...reopen onto the last page read (even when I bookmark, I have to go the all the folders open the file...and then it remembers). Maybe I am spoiled but by other devices open right on the last page...no hunting.....

So please, if either of these functions can be performed on the PEZ, I would greatly appreciate the instructions to do so...

If these have been answered in the past, I apologize....but please redirect if needed....

Get the LBook firmware
Long press of the title button number brings up a menu:
1) View with Coolreader (ADE is the std)
2) copy to the other storage
3) Delete

RecentlyRead (on the top level) has the last 8 books you opened.
The 'back' arrow jumps out of a level, even if on page 4 of 4
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Recently read doesn't get updated (as I think it should, the V3 works correctly but later V5 and V3+ are broken) until after you exit the book so you must exit the book before shutting down to be picked up in recently read. The device does remember the last location but only to the nearest page number on ePub. There could be multiple screens per page depending on the zoom level.

lBook firmware, as already noted by theducks, can delete a file on the device itself. Otherwise you need to plug in the device to your computer to delete the file.

By the way, the battery life is so good I never shutdown the device unless I am not using it for a month or more.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 07-19-2011 at 12:16 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
By the way, the battery life is so good I never shutdown the device unless I am not using it for a month or more.
Yes. This is true. My Hanlin devices are the only ones which really hibernate well. I can just put it aside and come back weeks later, pick it up and start reading. I don't even lock the keyboard unless I am tucking it into a pocket and carrying it around.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@dale
Do bookmarks (lbook) work for you Al my titles have spaces in them (or a folder) somewhere (send to device does not offer replace spaces option. Save to disk does not updat 'on device' status )
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
@dale
Do bookmarks (lbook) work for you Al my titles have spaces in them (or a folder) somewhere (send to device does not offer replace spaces option. Save to disk does not updat 'on device' status )
I never put spaced in the folder names but the file names sometimes have spaces in them. I am not currently running lBook on any of my devices, but I will give it a try and get back to you.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I never put spaced in the folder names but the file names sometimes have spaces in them. I am not currently running lBook on any of my devices, but I will give it a try and get back to you.

Dale
My folders are Author Names or Series Name (some really long winded )
Old 07-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #8
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Now that you mentioned spaces in folders, I remember in the early posts that if you have a space in the folder name, it would not do bookmarks/last pages.

So, just remove the spaces from folder names. You could use underscores instead: Smith_Jane.

See if this works.

(i.e., I'm talking about the original Astak software, not lbook's)

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Now that you mentioned spaces in folders, I remember in the early posts that if you have a space in the folder name, it would not do bookmarks/last pages.

So, just remove the spaces from folder names. You could use underscores instead: Smith_Jane.

See if this works.

(i.e., I'm talking about the original Astak software, not lbook's)

AJ
I use Calibre. As I noted: Send to devices advantages and (this) dis-advantage
I may have to switch back to Save to Disk