Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Audible for Android

I downloaded the "Audible for Android" app onto my LG Ally phone this morning. I've already got both Kindle for Android and Aldiko on it, but I decided to try out the Audible app since I'm a long-time Audible member and have a bunch of books in my library there.

It seems to work pretty well. It's like the Kindle app in that you can download books from your library as you need them, then delete them off of the device to save space when you've finished listening. It has a sleep timer, which is a big plus for me since I like to go to sleep listening to a book. And finally, it works great through my bluetooth earpiece. That's handy when I'm somewhere that I need to pretend to be paying attention!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for that Betty!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Thanks for that Betty!
You're welcome! If you try it, let me know, because the other morning the phone was locked up when I got up, and I had to turn it off and back on to get it going again. It didn't want to come out of the Audible sleep mode for some reason.

It was fine yesterday, though, so maybe it was just a glitch.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Anybody know where the Audible App might be found, other than the Marketplace?
A friend of mine is looking to get an Android tablet for XMAS and she's a BIG Audible fan but I haven't had much luck finding the non-beta release.

It's odd, really; the Kindle app can be found all over but Audible (also owned by Amazon) is limited to the marketplace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I sent a request to Audible asking them if they could put a direct download of the program on their site. I'd like to put it on my modded PDN, but I don't have Android Market on it, and my cell phone is Symbian not Android based.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Considering the function of the program is to *sell* audiobooks, you'd think they'd be actively pushing it through all channels.
Overdrive truly gets it; they put their Android app right on the website and told everybody about it.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I've made the Audible app available in my public Dropbox for the convenience of those in this thread. I'll remove the link soon.

LINK REMOVED

Last edited by SCION; 12-26-2010 at 09:01 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Oodles of real world good Karma to you ma'am.
(Plus the MR kind, too.)
Old 12-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post

Oodles of real world good Karma to you ma'am.
(Plus the MR kind, too.)
Thanks! You're welcome.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks a bunch, SCION!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

You're welcome. I know how frustrating it can be not being able to find a free app when you don't have Market access. I'm surprised that they're making it so difficult to get the Audible app.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Oh, thank you so much for this! ff to try it:
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:43 AM   #13
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Got a response back from Audible and one from Amazon (re their MP3 for Android APK). Neither will make their APK's downloadable to a PC from their site and have no plans to do so in the near future.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #14
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
Thanks!
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #15
claudiakc
claudiakc began at the beginning.

Device: Android 2.1 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I've made the Audible app available in my public Dropbox for the convenience of those in this thread. I'll remove the link soon.

LINK REMOVED
I would certainly appreciate it if you would repost that app. I have tried everything I know to get this app but no success. I have a new tablet and all my books are on audible.

Thanks so very much!
claudiakc is offline   Reply With Quote