Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #1
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Yoga Book

I know this forum is quite inactive by now, but seeing this device I felt inspired to post here. Is this the spiritual successor to the eDGe? I must say I find it tempting.
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...-poem-ifa-2016
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:04 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Interesting! Thank you for posting the link.

The Lenovo Yoga Book doesn't have eink on one side and a tablet on the other, which is what makes the eDGe such an ideal reader, but it sure looks great! So thin!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Gave in to temptation and got one (the Android version). Very nice device, having fun experimenting with apps that work with the stylus, etc.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
glow
Book and Gadget Fan

P.S. - the eDGe stylus works with the Yoga Book, though the included one is much nicer.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #5
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Neat idea but... IMO like all of Lenovo's Yoga lineup it fails to do any one thing well enough to make it compelling.

The display is too big. When touch-based systems are too big to span with one hand the UI becomes inconvenient to use and that's exactly wrong for tablet devices which are supposed to be epitomes of convenience. iPad's 9.7" screen is about as big as devices like this can get without the convenience suffering.

It's too heavy. Certainly, Yoga Book is light compared to most notebooks but it's notably heavier than iPad Air and iPad Pro. That extra weight can be a problem for extended use, especially with one-handed use.

On the other hand, it's too small. I just wrote that it's too big but that's looking at it as a tablet, a consumption device. As a notebook, a creation device, it's too small. A 10" display is inconveniently small for multi-tasking.

The 4GB RAM is huge for a tablet but it's pathetic for Windows 10. Between the RAM size and the Atom processor, Windows is going to feel like sucking concrete through a straw.

Flat panel keyboards suck for touch typing. 'Nuff said about that.

Had Lenovo cribbed the Surface/Surface Pro design, making it a tablet with an attachable keyboard unit with actual keys on it, I think they would have something more compelling. It would still be flawed, IMO, but the uniqueness might be enough to make it worth using despite the flaws.

But that's just me.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:40 AM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post
Neat idea but... IMO like all of Lenovo's Yoga lineup it fails to do any one thing well enough to make it compelling.

The display is too big. When touch-based systems are too big to span with one hand the UI becomes inconvenient to use and that's exactly wrong for tablet devices which are supposed to be epitomes of convenience. iPad's 9.7" screen is about as big as devices like this can get without the convenience suffering.

It's too heavy. Certainly, Yoga Book is light compared to most notebooks but it's notably heavier than iPad Air and iPad Pro. That extra weight can be a problem for extended use, especially with one-handed use.

On the other hand, it's too small. I just wrote that it's too big but that's looking at it as a tablet, a consumption device. As a notebook, a creation device, it's too small. A 10" display is inconveniently small for multi-tasking.

The 4GB RAM is huge for a tablet but it's pathetic for Windows 10. Between the RAM size and the Atom processor, Windows is going to feel like sucking concrete through a straw.

Flat panel keyboards suck for touch typing. 'Nuff said about that.

Had Lenovo cribbed the Surface/Surface Pro design, making it a tablet with an attachable keyboard unit with actual keys on it, I think they would have something more compelling. It would still be flawed, IMO, but the uniqueness might be enough to make it worth using despite the flaws.

But that's just me.
Nope, that's me too...I ended up getting the Miix 510 instead for those exact same reason. I find the design of the yoga book gorgeous, the concept is great, but many things you cited are just a no-go for me. Plus no USB port (just a micro one, which is needed to charge it) and the weird stylus with the tips that will get lost very quickly.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote