Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
How Do I Know The Battery Is Charged?

Ive had my Kindle for awhile now. Many times I had it on and off the computer as I added new files to it. I noticed that it also could charge off of the computer USB port but thought nothing of it since, as far as I knew, the battery was close to full. I took it and used it on and off for probably two months now. There was around 25% of the battery left so I decided to put it on the charger to be safe just in case I forgot about it. I noticed the little lightning bolt on the battery icon on the Kindle and took that to mean that it was charging. That was two nights ago. I picked up multiple times today, the lightning bolt is still there. How do I know when the battery is fully charged? The lightning bolt will go away right? How long does it take to fully charge the Kindle? Or did I somehow mess the battery up awhile ago when I kept adding and taking files off of it?
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
The light should change from amber to green when it's fully charged
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I was almost worried my battery was broken but the light is green and has been for some time. Any idea why that lightning bolt wouldnt go away?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Any idea why that lightning bolt wouldnt go away?
I think the lightning bolt may simply indicate that it's drawing its energy from the computer (or mains, if you've plugged it into a recharger) and is therefore not depleting the battery.
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
NVash
Wandering Vagabond

Thanks! I hope that is it otherwise I may have just overcharged the battery.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #6
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I don't believe with virtually any of today's more sophisticated equipment, that you could overcharge it (other than perhaps leaving it plugged in for days at a time).

With almost anything that charges, once the peak charge is reached it will switch to a trickle (i.e. top-up) charge and stay that way almost indefinitely. But I am not an expert -- perhaps someone else here begs to differ.....
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
Daniel_09
Daniel_09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
The battery icon is described in the Kindle User's Guide on Location 435

The lightning bolt means this:
Quote:
You have your Kindle plugged into power and the battery is either charging or is fully charged. The charge indicator light on the bottom of your Kindle also turns from yellow to green when the battery is fully charged.
Daniel_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Thanks! I hope that is it otherwise I may have just overcharged the battery.
You can't overcharge it, unless some hardware is faulty.

Mike
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote