Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #31
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
So, did anyone order one and has it arrived yet?
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #32
Flyingredgoat
Flyingredgoat is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook mini / Handspring Visor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
So, did anyone order one and has it arrived yet?
Sounds like no one has ordered one. I wonder what their sales are like.
Flyingredgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #33
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingredgoat View Post
Sounds like no one has ordered one. I wonder what their sales are like.
Don't know and don't care. All I know is it doesn't meet my needs.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #34
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I would be really interested in one if Ectaco was a little less "vague" on it's abilities. And if it supported Epub, but I can get along without it.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:47 AM   #35
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
With native support for Epub, rtf, and text, I'd be all over these.

However I refuse to convert my entire library because Ectaco isn't willing to be a bit more flexible. They took the #1 best feature of Jetbook and JBL, and cut it to the bone.
And they chose the worst possible choices (for this country) for the formats they will support.

If however they should choose to add a few popular formats, and add support for larger SD cards like they did with the Jetbook a year ago. Then I would be interested.

But until they pull their head back out of the sand I don't foresee a huge market for the Mini.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #36
Flyingredgoat
Flyingredgoat is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook mini / Handspring Visor
Detecting a lot of hostility.

Wonder if anybody at Ectaco is watching the forum.

I have an old handspring visor that does text files. So other than the screen being larger and not having a backlight there's no real difference. Thus no incentive to buy.

I wonder what the Xmas shopping surge will bring.

This release is turning in to a comedy.

FRG
Flyingredgoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook, jetbook mini, sony prs 350